Hotel advice in Nashville Please | FerrariChat

Hotel advice in Nashville Please

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    So, thinking of going to the Alfa National meet in Nashville. Rather than the host airport hotel, I think we'd rather be down town where the action is, just to experience Nashville. Also, it's important to have covered secure parking.

Nashville folks, recommendations would be appreciated. Also, what not to miss...favorite restaurant, honky-tonk bar tourist trap, etc.

By the way, it's just icing on the cake that this will be there:

Bellissima! The Italian Automotive Renaissance, 1945?1975*-*Frist Center for the Visual Arts

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    When I was there, I stayed at the Gaylord. It's not for everyone, but the Grand Old Opry is right there and we had a fun time going there. It's not really close to what I'll call "downtown", but with a car it's not really an issue.

Don't think they have covered parking but I do believe it's gated (was some time ago, can't remember).

3. Cotton

Cotton Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2008
    TN
    The Hilton downtown is nice and close to everything. They have a secure parking garage under the hotel.

4. wolfe F360

wolfe F360 Karting

May 7, 2009
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Wolfe
    Union station hotel is next door to the Muesum. The Reniassance Hotel is a few blocks to everything downtown. the Hilton is in the middle of Broadway where all the honky tonks and the Ryman are.
    Opryland is a destination unto itself . the Hermitage is 4 star located the war memorial plaza and Capitol
    Tons of places to eat all around this area

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    is the Loews Vanderbilt still a nice hotel? I know it was, but haven't been there in a while. great location if nothing else.

my grandfather worked in Union Station, back when it was actually a railroad station :) it's a cool building and they did a great job preserving its history while still making it a nice hotel.

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks guys for your post! We're utilizing your advice now...I have stayed at Union Station, but I think it was about the time it opened up. I love "old" structures done well. Seems then, i think it was about ten years ago or so it was a distance to things and somewhat isolated. But I bet that has changed.

7. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    Hermitage and ask for view of the Capital

8. FerrariNashville

Jul 30, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Camden Goddard