Hotel Advice - Atlanta | FerrariChat

Hotel Advice - Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Benternet, May 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Benternet

Benternet Formula Junior

May 4, 2014
    TN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Coming down for Rides to Remember on Friday. Looking for somewhere safe to part the 458, Or maybe I'm better off leaving it at the dealership and ubering it around town Friday night.

2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Check the Ritz in Buckhead. They should be able to offer a safe parking option.

3. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    +1 on Buckhead (or the Ritz Downtown)

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    If you are staying in Buckhead - the Ritz or St. Regis have good safe monitored parking. if you are staying close to AMP you can leave it there - they have locked gates at night... but its way out in the middle of no where.

I think you can leave your 458 out and there will not be any issues. some people hype up Atlanta as "dangerous" but its not really that bad.

or I can store it at my house in Buckhead :)

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I would not go down town - the roads are terrible... + traffic alone is awful

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I would think that the better hotels near the dealership, like the DoubleTree, the Hilton Garden Inn or the Hyatt Place should be safe enough if you cover your car along with a locking cable. (My insurance requires that; yours probably does as well.)

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    buckhead and north of it.... i think you can pretty much leave it parked on the street and it will not be touched.....

8. TC94

TC94 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2005
    TN
    I've parked my 458 at 3 different hotels near FoA without problems. I occasionally park it overnight at different hotels when I'm on road trips.

I've never covered my car while on a trip. The only time I cover it is Dec-Feb when I store it in my warehouse. Does your insurance REALLY require that? Wow. Mine's parked in the back lot at work right now.

9. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    sounds like he's got hagerty or some other type of collector car ins

10. TC94

TC94 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2005
    TN
    I've used Hagerty, American Modern and now, State Farm. May have missed something in the fine print somewhere along the way, but I don't recall anyone ever suggesting that I need to cover the car when parked in public.

Overnight only or do they require special attention when car is used for commuting to dinner, errands, etc?

11. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    same here.

maybe he'll chime in.

i'd think having it covered would invite someone to **** with it. not sure anyone in bhead or north of it would give a 4xx a second look but maybe thats just me...