Atlanta Coppa Rossa 2016 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Coppa Rossa 2016

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by bls430, Jun 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bls430

bls430 Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    The Ferrari of Atlanta Coppa Rossa 2016 will be a short weekend get away to the mountains on the weekend of July 16th – 17th, 2016; an event perfect for those residing in and around Atlanta. We have decided to only make it a single night away (Saturday night) to allow people to finish up work and attend to their normal routines for a Friday before heading away on Saturday morning for a great drive, lunch and overnight stay in the mountains.

The preliminary itinerary of events for the 2016 Coppa Rossa will be as follows:-
    • Meet at 8:00am at the Starbucks off EXIT 13 on the GA 400 across from The Avenues (our usual meeting point for the Spring and Fall rallies);
    • Grab a coffee and pastry and attend Driver and Co-driver briefing and other formalities at around 8:20am and then depart Starbucks at 8:30am sharp;
    • The drive to Wolf Mountain Vineyards and Winery will be approximately 141 miles, stopping twice for restroom breaks and regroups, before arriving at the winery at approximately 12:00pm;
    • Wolfe Mountain Vineyards and Winery is proving a dedicated parking area for our vehicles, as they have done in the past, and lunch should last approximately 90 minutes;
    • Depart from Wolf Mountain Winery and Vineyards and make our leisurely way to The Ridges Resort and Marina in Hiawassee, Georgia to arrive around 3:00 to 3:30pm. The Ridges will also have a dedicated parking area for your vehicles for the overnight stay;
    • Check in, relax and enjoy the surroundings and other activities that The Ridges Resort and Marina have to offer;
    • Pre-dinner cocktails at approximately 7:00pm on Saturday night with dinner to follow afterwards overlooking the lake; and
    • Smores and further libations post dinner with your fellow Ferrari enthusiasts!
    The Ferrari Club have managed to secure a block of rooms at a very special price of only $159 per room per night plus taxes. In addition to this special rate, a $13.95 per room/per night resort fee will also apply. The resort fee covers costs associated with lake access, continuous coffee/tea service, cookies in the afternoon, smores nightly by the fire, wireless internet access, cardio room and a full, hot breakfast for each guest served in the lobby each morning.

The price to attend the 2016 Coppa Ross will be $185 per person. This fee covers the following:-
    • 2016 Coppa Rossa attendee gift;
    • Coffee & Pastries prior to the departure for Wolf Mountain Winery at Starbucks on Exit 13 of the GA 400;
    • Lunch at Wolf Mountain Winery (alcoholic beverages to be paid separately by any participant); and
    • Pre-dinner cocktails, dinner and alcoholic beverages (wine and beer) during dinner on Saturday night.
    For those coming from out of Atlanta, or those who wishing to attend and want to make more of a weekend of it, we plan on having an informal dinner at a restaurant on the Friday night (July 15th, 2016) that will be Pay as You Go. If you are interested, please let me know and further details on the venue will be made available closer to to the date (depending on interest).

A dedicated registration page online will go live later this week and a notice will be issued when you can register for the event. However, if you plan on attending, go ahead and book your room at the Ridges Resort and Marina by contacting them directly on either (888) 834-4409 or (706) 896-2262. Please mention you are part of the Ferrari Club of America to obtain your special rate. The room block expires on June 27th, 2016 so please make your booking as soon as possible.

A further notice will be sent to everyone when the registration page is available for your to register mid this week.

Have a super start to your week and keep driving!

Thank you.

David Cecchele
    President
    FCA Georgia Chapter
    Phone : (865) 963 1762
    E-mail : [email protected]

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think we are in for this on... my wife will drive up separately so she does not get car sick during the mountain drive... Yay! we can finally do a weekend gig....

Having a wife who gets car sick is a major drag on Ferrari mountain drive weekend getaways ...

3. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    We're in as well.

4. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #4 Patek, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    come on up I will save a sunset for everyone. Finally another Ferrari even 4 miles from the House. Too bad there have been so many deaths and wrecks on the Tail of the Dragon. It will be only 72 miles from us.

Just got word from a friend that owns Killboy photos. Seems a lady was killed yesterday, and last week a Camaro crossed over the yellow line took out a bike, the man is alive, but will need about 7 surgical procedures, plus he was with the Police Dept.
    So the Cops, are riding hard on the heard, you can't breath up there. Use to they would give a warning, but not anymore the gloves are off, HWY Patrol all over. I don't think I will venture up any more. And, Weekends .......... not good.

I use to go up once a week, but so many wrecks since april, it has turned into blood mountain. The safety is gone, cops are mad as hornets, too many bikes, the dragon has changed like England.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    A little under two weeks away...

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    open to all makes ?

7. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Maggie and I are excited to see everyone. This will be fun!

8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Sad to hear about the Tail of the Dragon situation, John. That road is a legend even up here in Kentucky.

Would love to attend the Coppa Rossa but we'll be in Italy. Maybe, next year if ya'll do it again.

9. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    How do you register?

10. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
  11. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    This has been a very dark season at the Dragon. 2 killed in the last 2 weeks, and one more killed just a few miles away, but they were on Trikes. I have not been up yet this summer just because something is not right on the mountain. Last year I was up there every Wed. all summer long. But for some reason I cannot get the energy up to fight the Dragon. THe cops are really "angry" and on the move like hornets and will take you down in a flash.

Give the place to air out, and hit it in the spring of 2017. Or better yet just skip the dragon and go to the Devils' Triangle. One you do the Triangle, you no longer fear the dragon. The Triangle at speed will splinter your nerves if you get is just a bit wrong. Spook road. I usually only run it one way.

12. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    Sure would have been nice if they had posted the link to register for the event in the initial post. I made reservations at the hotel over two weeks ago with no word on how to register. I even emailed David for registration info, but no reply. WTF?

13. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Les,

I emailed you three times in the past 48 hours on how to register with no reply. I also contacted those that knew you and said that they spoke to your wife about how to register.

Also the registration information has been published for some time. Happy to discuss with you further when you see me Saturday. Hope you have a good time at the event.

David

14. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    I apologize for the snarky tone of the above post. Unfortunately, I never received any of the emails. Looking forward to the event in spite of the weather forecast.

15. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Les. Its been a loooooong time. Will be great so see you there.

BobR

16. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    #16 tnferrariowner, Jul 14, 2016
    Dear Participants,

For those that are not receiving e-mails, please find attached what was issued to all those that registered.

See y'all Saturday!

David Cecchele

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    To anyone participating: PLEASE TAKE (AND POST) PHOTOS!!

18. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #18 Patek, Jul 16, 2016
    Hi Jim, we missed your great photos. All I had was my low budget phone..

It was great to see everyone up here in hiawassee. I made the rain hold off....... of course we have not had much all summer.

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    John, your pics are fine! Thanks for posting them. We had quite a bit of thunder around here, at about 4 PM and then again at 6 PM.

20. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    ....see.... I snuck right in those pics.....

DavidC. This one is for you in the newly updated Ver2.0 :)

31 RIGHT onto Old Hwy 76—> GA60 (Watch for RT in ~5m to head south by Post Office)
    (Turns into GA60 in 3.5m…..MAKE RT ON GA60 in 5m heading South towards Suches)

21. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #21 Patek, Jul 18, 2016
    Here are some photos from the Ridges back in the summer of 2012. Were there any drivers that came to the 2012 and also came to the 2016. I see Chuck brought his old beat up car, my old off color was there, and I assume Will was there in the FF maybe.

If not what happened to these drivers. One new 458 owner was Mark, and one guy had just bought a 458 after having sold his Ferrari Daytona he had owned for 30 years. Said the felt really removed from the car, too much technology, computer stuff.... thought that was odd, but said he might drop back and pick up a manual car like a 550.

Anybody know who had the barchetta, the Dino GT4, the yellow....

22. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Great event and a great turnout. Thanks David!

23. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    #23 tnferrariowner, Jul 18, 2016
    Please find some pictures from Wolf Mountain Winery and Vineyards and The Ridges Resort on July 16th, 2016. It was a great time had by all! The FCA Georgia wants to thank Ferrari of Atlanta for their generous support of the event, Bob Rittweger for planning the route to and from Wolf Mountain and all the participants who came and had a blast!!

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You didn't wind up in the Walmart parking lot this time, did you, Bob? :D

25. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    There were a few people at this event that attended the Coppa Alpina in 2012 that was held at The Ridges. The Barchetta at that time was owned by Jorge DeMacedo and it has since been sold. There were two 458's there; one owned by Mark and another by me. I can't recall who owned the other cars and the group that were in the Maserati's were the same this time around.