Macchine da Sogno Italiano at the 2016 Atlanta Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

Macchine da Sogno Italiano at the 2016 Atlanta Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Imperial Stormtrooper, Aug 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    #1 Imperial Stormtrooper, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    On Saturday, October 8th, one of the events at the Atlanta Concours is the:

"Macchine da Sogno Italiano – Italian Dream Machines

Show your Italian driver level cars on the Concours show field. As part of Drivers at the Chateau, Macchine da Sogno Italiano is your opportunity to show your Italian dream machine on a solely dedicated show field of Italian exotic automobiles. Where dreams become a reality, display your automobile among other Italian beauties and mingle with other car owners, collectors and car enthusiasts. Cars must be pre-registered to participate. Click here to register your car and purchase tickets."

If you buy your tickets before August 31, you get $25 off... Anybody else going?
    http://atlantaconcours.org/event-registration/italian-dream-machines/

2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I filled out the online form to enter my 1968 Fiat 500F a few days ago but did not hear anything back about them receiving the application or if I was accepted.

3. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    Me neither, but I went ahead and bought a driver ticket anyway. The website only requires drivers to register, but doesn't seem to say anything about your car registration needing to be approved.

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I'll def go check this out

5. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    Cool- you bringing your 308?

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey George!! I'll prob bring the 308 or my 944 Turbo!

7. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Just curious.

Is this a relatively new event?

And who is putting it on?

Sounds like fun.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    Hey Drew,
    I think the entire weekend is the 1st Annual Atlanta Concours d'Elegance. It looks like all of the events are at Chateau Elan, which is very nice. The Macchine da Sogno Italiano is one of the events on Saturday, but the Main Event (the Concours) is on Sunday. It looks like the guys putting this together are trying to put Atlanta on the Concours map. I have no affiliation... Hope you can make it (I'd like to see any one of your cars!)...
    Event Overview - Atlanta Concours d?Elegance

Best Regards,
    George

9. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I absolutely LOVE Chateau Elan, Julie and I were married there! :) Gorgeous setting for a car show on the lawn.

10. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I tried to enter the code "Italian" as per the website to purchase the ticket but it did not work. Has anyone else had problems?

11. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    It worked for me about a week ago.

12. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I registered my car the other day... I never got a reply either. I also called because I had a question about the VIP ticket. Once again no call back or reply. I bought a driver ticket + VIP for Sat. only for $85.00. To my surprise there was a $4.00 handling fee + tax.

I printed my ticket on my paper & my printer ( what did they handle?) And... why am I taxed? they provided me with nothing. Road Atlanta don't charge tax on tickets.

Its NOT about the $ I just hate hidden fees. Why would you want to piss off your customer before he even gets to your event. ( just saying)

13. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    Mark,
    I agree with you- the handling fee was tacked on at the end, and for what? I printed my own ticket as well. Hidden fees are BS.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have other commitments for Saturday, but at the Petit Le Mans, they were selling tickets for half-price, so I bought a ticket for the Concours on Sunday. Anyone else going?