Looking for Drivers... Team Scuderia FCA | FerrariChat

Looking for Drivers... Team Scuderia FCA

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Aug 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So AMP has an 8 hour Karting enduro and the team we had for the past two years is not able to make the dates work... so I'm looking for those that might be interested in participating. For a team of 3 drivers its $300 each... give or take... but its a lot of fun, friendly competition... and we'd have to race in the Heavy weight group... as ''m a heavy weight!!! PM me if you have interest.

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  3. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I'd also be interested in dates on this.

I'm assuming this is done using rental karts?

Saw some of the vids posted in another thread of the AMP kart track....looks like a really fun, interesting layout. Love all the elevation changes.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Sorry guys - Its September 24th. from 7am to 6pm... $300 per driver if we have a team of 4. its tons of fun!

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    any equipment needed ? i have a sa2015(?) gloves and shoes......

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    8 hours on a kart.....

8. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Just a wild guess, but I'm guessing one may be ever so slightly sore the next day. ;)

On the equipment front, what all is required? I have a SA2015 helmet and inexpensive but up to date fire suit, gloves, etc for track events, but not kart specific stuff. I know a lot of kart guys use rib protectors....are there other kart specific equipment items we would need and/or that you would recommend?

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So the only equipment you will need is a DOT helmet - I would use an up to date 2010 SNELL helmet - if you have a 2015 -even better.

You don't need a race suit -they have them there. or you can wear jeans and sweatshirt.

Its not 8 hours per person in the kart - enduro so with 4 people its about 2 hours each... split up how ever you like it. usually there are mandatory pit stops - 4- or 5 with one or two of those a tech inspection - so your time in the pit is negated by everyone having to do that. you also do driver changes and weight changes ( you are all weighted to 215lbs minimum. )

you will feel a bit sore in the morning.. no lie. but I'm 48, 256lbs - and I'm good for 2 hours alone in the kart.. we did a 10 hour race last year 10Pm to 8 AM... through the night ... and I was tired after a couple of double stints.

its basically just like a mini Petit lemans - strategy, penalties and smooth driving. usually we have a "ringer" - a thin guy who can really make up the speed as they are right at the min weight ... and then there is the anchor - me who slows the average... but all that being said our team finished 2nd and 3rd in class two years running. more that anything its just fun.

there are serious guys out there... the things guys to win... but its just a fun time.

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yes - you will want some gloves - sweaty hands in a kart for 30 - 40 laps = blisters.

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    these karts don't generate the Side G's for a rib protector... I have mine that anyone is welcome to use, but my experience is its not needed - you will however need a neck support - I have a couple ( you can rent them at the track as well) this is more for any contact - whiplash ... it can happen ... its real racing so go figure.