Caffeine & Exotics | FerrariChat

Caffeine & Exotics

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lotus91, Sep 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    this is a great show but it seems that te majority of new Lambo's and Mclarens are dealer cars.

anyone else notice this ?

I like seeing the older cars much better because I know they are owned by someone who takes care of it and is proud to bring it.

and why are kit cars allowed ? there is a guy with a red Porsche speedster replica and he has all sorts of plaques and flags around it but we all know its a VW.. and the guy with the big silver mercedes.. thats a kit car too yet he says it was approved by Mercedes as authentic.. yet it has a Chevy motor.. Mercedes would allow that if it was even possibly true..

just venting

2. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Out of curiosity, do you have a new Lamborghini or McLaren?

I've had my car out there the last few times and there are plenty of personally owned Lamborginis, WAY MORE than the Ferrari crowd, they show up in hords. The vast majority are personal owners.

3. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    okay good.

4. RossoCorsa95

RossoCorsa95 Rookie

Sep 25, 2012
    BOM/ATL
    Full Name:
    RM
    #4 RossoCorsa95, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I attended the Caffeine&Exotics show in June this year. There was a red Porsche 550 Spyder with 2016 Mille Miglia stickers, are you referring to that ? Here's 2x 550 Spyders parked side by side

I did see a couple of 500/560K kit cars at both Caffeine&Exotics and Caffeine&Octane, they're just HIDEOUS ! I wonder who allows them in.

The funny part was when someone pulled up in a Cord 810 Convertible. He was denied entry because the kids at the gate told him "This event is for exotics". Quite funny how they allow replica cars but not originals. (Can't call the Cord totally original, it had an Aquaplane V8 but nevertheless seemed cosmetically accurate.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    I was at the June show and was parked across from a row of McLarens, 5-6, all personal vehicles. There are a few large sponsors (MoG, Jim Ellis, Magnum) and they'll bring anywhere from 2-5 cars each, but out of the typical ~200 cars that show up, hardly seems to be a majority.