Suggestions Wanted: Xpel or Other Front Clear Installer in Atlanta? | FerrariChat

Suggestions Wanted: Xpel or Other Front Clear Installer in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by chnco, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Looking to get a clear bra up front on the car and was looking for suggestions.

I'm familiar with:
    -Glasslife
    -Shine Auto

Any others with personal experience?

2. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    For Ferrari.... see if you can get the folks that FMoA use. For something like Porsche, then DavidD @ Speedfilm. (While it sounds strange, the guys that do the same brand of car day after day do a much better job on that particular car type) As for films Xpel or Suntek are the best choices out there, I do prefer the Suntek over Xpel. (Same exact -literally- films but the bonding agents are different....Xpel takes a bit more to apply and not as quite as forgiving if you need to lift-and-shift)

3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

4. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    The best around by far is Derek Johnson at Atlanta Protective Films. Great work,fair and honest.

5. Tripper

Tripper Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Trip Campbell
    His shop is a block behind the Ferrari dealership, and is trusted with their client cars and the best in the city.

6. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Shot Derek a note, thanks guys! Any others?

7. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I contacted Bennie at Apogee Detail. He gave me a quote so I'm curious if you called them what they would say. I have not had my car wrapped yet.

I contacted Derek as people mentioned above, he was very quick to respond. He asked me some questions...I responded...then I never heard back.

8. ButlerGuy

ButlerGuy Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Carson Z
    Dwayne or Kevin at Southeastern Auto Shield has ben nothing but top notch in both quality of work and customer service.

Home

9. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    ATL Protective Films.

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I was at the Ferrari dealership and inquired about this...almost 2 grand for just the front? Is that normal?

11. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Karting

Jul 24, 2016
    Woodstock, GA
    There is an actual XPel factory shop in Alpharetta off of Hembree road. They did two of my cars and are very detail oriented.

12. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    define "front", is that bumper, all of the hood and side mirrors? if so then i've seen that quoted anywhere from $1300-1600.

13. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Don't think FOA does their own, Derek's shop is right behind them. Makes sense as that's probably their surcharge.

Derek quoted me $1400 for full front end, including mirrors and A pillar

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yeah, they don't do it in house, they called and that's the price I was given..so I'm sure there was a "dealer premium" added :)

15. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I've done a bunch of research on this since I had planned on having Xpel put on my car but wasn't ok with the price that I was being quoted from different places. I found out that Xpel actually makes a kit for my car (348) along with lots of other models. It looks reasonably priced.

Have I ever wrapped a car before? No. But like I do with everything, I have read about 50 articles and watched 100 YouTube videos on this and I think I'm going to buy one of the simplest pieces (the Read Wheel Impact Area Kit) and try that first. If I can do that, then I will go to the next one. I may screw it up, but hey, I will learn something in the process.

I also saw a spray on product...3M Defender. It is only supposed to last for a year, but it was a pretty neat outside-the-box idea. With that product the prep work of masking off areas was the most important.

16. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    pay derek to do it....

it is a freaking art to put that stuff on.......

17. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Best guy I have ever seen is Tiaan with Llumar @ 678-907-5222 he does all the Lambos & McLarens and he does a hell of a good job.

18. Seth Thomas

Seth Thomas Karting

Jan 25, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Seth Thomas
    Jean Claude at Detailed Designs Auto Spa is one of the most thorough and detail oriented installers of film I have seen in the atlanta area. He has done the work on a couple of my cars with no issues. The seams and gaps around the lights and openings are not noticeable. On top of this he does a Modesta Ceramic Coat on the car to give it the ultimate shine.

Atlanta Clear Bra Installation & Modesta Glass Coatings  

19. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Thanks Seth. :)