Atlanta Area Car Events/Drives... | FerrariChat

Atlanta Area Car Events/Drives...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by fedgery77, Jan 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hello all!

I am fairly new to the Ferrari ownership world and I live in Atlanta. Does anyone in the area ever get together to go on drives or meetups? I was interested in meeting other Ferrari owners in the area but wasn't sure how to get involved or if others do these sorts of things.

I have heard about MCoG doing mountain drives with their Lamborghinis and exotics...just wasn't sure if Ferrari owners did the same. Also I know about Caffeine and Exotics and Caffeine and Octane...does anyone here go to those?

Thank you!

Jeff

2. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Hi Jeff and welcome to Atlanta. We have an active club here that does both local and regional events. Be sure you join the Ferrari Club of America to gain access. Mountain drives are seasonal so don't expect those until spring when the temps warm up and the road gravel isn't so bad. We have a few rallies each year that usually involve a full weekend of activities and then dinners are hosted throughout the year in the Atlanta area. Keep an eye on the South Central section for Corso and Coffee meetups in Buckhead.
    Don't forget you have The Cavallino Classic later this month in Palm Beach and then Amelia Island in March and lastly the Ferrari Club National Meet in Daytona this April.
    Great to have you here,
    Will

3. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thank you so much!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I rarely go to Caffeine & Octane anymore because it's so crowded and you have to get there very early to get a decent parking place.

I do Caffeine & Exotics when my schedule permits; it's much more orderly and less frenetic.

At other times of year, we support The Mitty at Road Atlanta in April and Italian Car Day in October or November. A lot of us go to the Petit Le Mans in October, but usually in our daily drivers because parking is so packed.

Then there's the Rides to Remember event in June that many of us participate in; it's a great charity event and a lot of fun. Ferrari of Atlanta is a major participant, and we caravan from there up to Atlanta Motorsports Park.

The best place to keep up on Ferrari events in Atlanta is....this forum! But also check out the Carolinas forum, because they sometimes have some neat events that are not that far away.

5. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks gatorrari! Much appreciated! I was mostly going into the main 348/355 forum but I will make sure I keep this forum on my to-do list!

I did find the Caffeine and Exotics event and I sent in an application but haven't heard back yet. I would love to participate in that event.

Thanks again!

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    depends on what you like to do.....

this thread has some updates on activities

link up with the lotus club. i think they still do a monthly mountain drive when weather permits

7. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If you go to SouthEast Wheels Events it lists all the car shows in the area, I love that website. As previously mentioned Caffeine and Octane is the first Sunday of every month, but it was moved to 1/15 this month due to the New Year Holiday and Storm last weekend, it's about the only show around this time of year. Sunday looks nice, come on out.

8. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!

9. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Keep us posted if you go to an event, always game to bring my car out.

Everyone has pointed out the major events.

10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Depends on what you want to do. There are several mountain driving groups that I participate in. 'Lotus Limited Southeast' has a monthly drive, and they are good, knowledgeable drivers, and probably the fastest of the driving groups I go with. 'GA Mountain Runs' is another local group that generally goes once or twice per month, and also has pretty skilled drivers. 'S2kGA' has occasional drives, but I generally don't go much because there seems to be a larger percentage of less skilled drivers who seem a bit on the dangerous side. All three groups are available through a Facebook search. I am building a cabin up in the mountains to be able to enjoy weekends away without having to go too far, and our semi-annual driving weeks with a group from the Fchat Florida section will probably continue. If you are interested send me a message. We drive pretty quickly.

11. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    caffeine & octane in recent months have offered exotics a special lot sponsored by mcog that's "reserved" and easier to come and go in.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There are also some annual car shows that some of us are regulars at.

Georgia Tech hosts a show on campus around the end of March. This has featured guest speakers who made it from Tech into industry, including Ferrari engineer Franco Cimatti.

United Way hosts a charity show in September at a GM facility in Alpharetta.

First Redeemer Church in Cumming hosts a show, also in September, though they skipped 2016 because of construction on their property. (Don't know about 2017 yet.)

The first Atlanta Concours d'Elegance was held at Chateau Elan this past October and looks to become a permanent fixture on the calendar.

I also previously mentioned Italian Car Day, held in Norcross in October or November. (BTW, the British Car Fayre is also held in Norcross, about a month earlier.)

13. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Wow! There's quite a bit going on! Now I'm overwhelmed! ;) Thanks everyone!

14. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    There are special sections at Caffeine and Octane. One for Porsches sponsored by Jim Ellis and one for other exotics like Ferraris sponsored by MCoG. They can still run out of spaces though so I usually get there around 9:30. By 9:30 some folks have already left and I can find a spot. I don't want to get there at 7 a.m. on a weekend to beat the 8 a.m. rush.

Caffeine and Exotics is only four times a year (I wish it was more) and the first show of the year is in April so that's why you haven't heard anything back yet. I like it better than C&O b/c there is less jackassery like obnoxious engine revving, etc.

15. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    corso coffee this saturday 10 AM- see Tom Spiro's thread

16. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name: