trailer storage around ATL... | FerrariChat

trailer storage around ATL...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by henryr, Mar 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i'm looking at getting a trailer... any secret locales for storage that you like or know of.....

i am in east cobb but wouldnt be using it very much so locale not as important

2. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    There is a place on 41 between Kennesaw and Acworth that has RV, boat, trailer storage.

3. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    thx

recall the name ?

really needs to be a airbnb for trailer rental

4. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    i'm looking at getting a trailer too, have same issue, what trailer are you looking at? maybe we can kill one bird with two stones?

5. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    lol...

picking a trailer is as hard as picking a car. i can totally see how people go crazy.

open / enclosed

steel / aluminum

low end / medium / crazy

length 18,20,22,24 ft

tilt / no tilt

so at this point i havent a clue what to get

6. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i need one as i bought a spec miata to do track days with vs using a street car. probably wont use it that much.

7. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

#7 DXB599, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Since you won't be using it much, would be cheaper to store further up I-75 in Canton area or North 400. Any self storage facility has outdoor trailer parking. Their are also places where you could park indoors. You may want to consider to to just rent a trailer from Uhaul when you need it for track days.

I've owned a 24 foot featherlite enclosed trailer for many years and paid a fortune in storage fees. If you can't store on your own property, the storage fees really add up over multiple years. Plus tires dry rot and brakes need servicing whether you use the trailer or not plus annual insurance. Rental is really the way to go if you only will use a few times a year.

A million options on trailers. If you go enclosed, I would suggest 24'. Its a good compromise since it's not too long and not too small. AL is a lot easier on your tow vehicle, but at least double the cost of steel. Plus you can load it up on options. Suggest getting a side escape door on driver's side of the trailer as its much easier to get in and out of the car once you park in the trailer, albeit a Miata is not a very wide car, so might not be an issue. An electric winch is also nice for loading. You can go crazy on trailers with all the cool options available, and especially if you go new.

Good luck.

8. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
  9. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    thx guys

i have seen some of the guys using uhaul stuff. i always hate wasting time with the unknowns, equipment etc.