Atlanta Area PPI Shop | FerrariChat

Atlanta Area PPI Shop

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Anthony James, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    I’m looking at a Ferrari in the greater Atlanta area, and looking to have a PPI done on the car. So I called Ferrari Maserati of Atlanta and spoke with a service advisor Michael and he said they do not perform pre purchase inspections and didn’t have anyone in the area he would recommend or new of any shop that would. What’s up with that?

Can any of my fellow Ferrari Chat members recommend a shop?

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    What kind of Ferrari ? Depending on the year I'd call Ron Reineke at Sports car service

3. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    #3 Anthony James, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Thanks for the response spirot, but I cant seem to find a contact number or location for them. The model is a 612.

4. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Ron can help you with the 612.

He had one in his shop last time I was over there.

Give him a call.

404-435-6760

5. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Thank You I will!

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Where was the car serviced? If FofA, I would call the service mgr. and ask if the car had any issues which were not addressed diring their cars. Ferrari should be able to give info based on a Vin. I would hope.

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    is this the gas motors car ?

8. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    When I bought my car, FoA told me the same exact thing.

I called Ron Reineke (based off the information from the previous owner) and he was the nicest most helpful person! I would highly recommend him as well.

9. Anthony James

Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Thank you all for the positive feedback and suggestions.

I did contacted Ron, and he immediately got back to me and will look at the car. Yes it is the 612 at gas. Yes it was recently serviced at FofA, and it is owned by a fellow Ferrari chat member who has owned several F cars and is well liked in the comunity. All inquires have been positive and I’m looking forward to getting out to see it soon. If nothing else it will grant some ME time. Lol.

In my quest to purchase a Ferrari, I would have to say there is a LOT of positive reasons to buy from your local Ferrari dealer. That said, if you don’t, it “appears to me” they are not too interested in helping you out and that is not just from this most recent experience. Granted this comment is made in ignorance and without owning one YET.

From a dealer’s side, I can see and understand both sides of this reluctance to help. But for a potential buyer of the marquee they represent it makes the whole process a bit daunting.

10. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I'm guessing FoA doesn't want to do PPIs for legal reasons. So...they could do a PPI then something could break a month later then someone tries to sue them saying they "missed" something. Even though a PPI can't find every single issue with a car. I can understand that.

I did call them later on to find out about doing an engine-out service there and they were very friendly and helpful and promptly returned my phone call. They were way too expensive for me though. I have an engine-out the end of this year and I'm definitely going to send it over to Ron since that job is much more than I could handle on my own.

11. Dla

Dla Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Jacksonville FL
    Full Name:
    Lee Anderson
    I am a 20 year member of FOA and just want to put in very positive words for Ron, he did some work on my 308 many years ago. Even though i was out of state, i could call him anytime and he would assist in any way he could. He is a great person, fair, and knows his Ferrari's
    Lee Anderson Atlantic Beach FL

12. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    what is ron's contact info ?

13. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
  14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I've talked to Michael about this before, don't be put off, he has been one of the most helpful people when it came to researching my cars. I believe they will do a full inspection of the car, but will not do a "PPI" for liability reasons....and I know from experience that a PPI will definitely not find 100% of the issues. You just have to take it for what it's worth.