Elite European in Jasper, GA | FerrariChat

Elite European in Jasper, GA

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by RedNeck, Jun 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Anyone have any experience with them? I talked to Ashley for a while today, she seems knowledgeable. Relatively new place but seems to have some experience behind them.

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ugghh. I try not to let those things influence my decisions as everyone has a right to have their opinions, but yes, that is a definite turnoff...

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Btw, it's not surprising as I think she came here from Cali, but now residing in a small GA town, she might find that it may be somewhat damaging...

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Politics aside....received an estimate for a complete fluid service plus SDx scan for around $1400. which is about 350 less than FoA

5. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hi Matt,

I remember reading an extensive write up about this company that was published in one of the area local papers and the list of skills being brought to the table sounded impressive.

Please post your experience with these folks, if you would.

Ciao,
    George

6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    For a difference of $350, I would definitely go to FOA where there are no questions about skills or competence. The reward is not worth the potential risk.

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    That is just enough to keep me from going.

She is 100% entitled to her opinion, though.

CiaoBella81 likes this.
  8. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    I would only go with FoA no matter the savings. However, should you decide otherwise, it would be nice to know how things went for you.

Ciao,
    George

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Understood, but I still do 90% of the work on my car myself, and figure a once a year fluid service and onceover at a dealer or experienced indy should keep her healthy and me from spending a lot of unnecessary $$$, so I'm not too concerned about the fluid service at this shop...not to mention FoA is a longer and more frustrating drive, and they typically have a wait of a few weeks. Mike from there was extremely helpful when I was conducting my search though, they seen like a great operation.

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Just FYI I will be taking my 360 in for annual service and diagnostics scan next Friday to Elite European in Jasper. I have already toured the shop and talked at length with the owner, Ashley. She definitely knows her stuff and has a decade of experience working on Ferraris. Will report back with my experiences.

11. ATLSIGNGUY

ATLSIGNGUY Karting

Mar 10, 2017
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    PJ Houser
    Talk to Ron in Tucker about your scan and fluids. He did my 360 recently, no issues.

He is Ferrari certified and has a Leonardo scanner. Fully capable of doing that and probably cheaper....

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Ron has been around forever and everyone knows him. I have been a customer since he was at faf over 20 years ago.

Why take a chance on a new shop with a lesser experienced mechanic?

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    My appointment is set up, but out of curiosity, how much did he charge you for fluid service?

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    There's no mechanic less experienced than me and I've been working on the car for the past year. :) In fact, I've found the car to be extremely DIY friendly, much more so than my Corvette in fact. This place is much closer and I don't have to brave the Atlanta traffic in my car, even though it's still over an hour away from me. I did a lot of research on the mechanics that work there, talked to them face to face, toured the shop. It's a fluid service so I'm not extremely worried about it as far as complexity. They have the right equipment and I also like the aspect of having an intimate place that I can establish a relationship with. As stated above, I do 90% of my own work but I won't be foolish enough to think that there won't be something over my head one of these days.

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Can't argue with that

16. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    How did it go?

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Went very well, the full fluid service took about 6 hours but she kept it overnight to do some diagnostics and fixed a few small things (on a saturday morning) that were causing issues, which was greatly appreciated. Also provided a decent discount on a rental ($35) so I could still get around.

They are technically closed on saturday, but i went and picked up the car with full report on all the diagnostics, which was an immense help since I had no way of doing any SD2/3, etc.. she also knew I am a DIY'er and seemed like she had an interest in helping out, rather than just trying to get me back in the door. She definitely knew her Ferrari stuff and had the passion for it, and by the end of it, I came out under $1500..

Plus, there is a great southern cookin' place right across the street.

CiaoBella81 and tmvatlanta like this.
  18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And if that's not enough, Rocco's Pub, which has the best chili in Georgia, is 7 minutes away on highway 515. Their Chili Mac is addictive!

19. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wish I woulda have known, I'm a sucker for some chili mac...I'm sure I will have an excuse to make my way over there soon..

20. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    My posts on twitter are not from a business page, my personal viewpoints. I also retweet fun animal pictures, car info, but clearly the “hater” didn’t go there.
    I know and love Ferrari! That’s all I’ve ever claimed. I grew up in Georgia and moved to California, not the other way around. Yes I do agree with the high bar that California sets by the EPA, there’s a reason California coastline is beautiful and brings lots of Ferrari owners from all over to drive PCH.
    Not that it’s your business, but I do vote republican! However, if a comedian (Chelsea Handler) makes a funny, I’m inclined to laugh and possibly retweet.
    So instead of judging my business for not flying a rebel flag out front like other locals, try finding someone more dedicated than I to working on Ferrari versus just making money on them! That’s what I do!!

JoeTSI, RedNeck and Doctor Mark like this.
  21. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W

Thank you for allowing me the right to my opinion. I am extremely considerate of all people and all walks of life. You would know that if you took the time to meet me or learn more about me. For the record, my twitter account is mine, not my business’. Personal and work opinions stay separate.
    Come and meet me and my team!!

JoeTSI and RedNeck like this.
  22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Alpintourer post between #1 and #2 deleted as political content posted outside the P&R forum.

Please refrain from any further political discussions or commentary. Period.

CiaoBella81 and DefunctNeurons like this.
  23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Thanks for responding.... 2 years later.

24. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    Better late than never. I don’t get on the forum as much as I should. I’ve been busy running & growing a business and working on cars, not to mention my building expansion. It’s a lot to do, but very fulfilling!

(I probably need a social media assistant)

We will be trying to get a Rally scheduled soon.

25. CiaoBella81

CiaoBella81 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Ashley W
    Thank you sir! Come by for a return visit anytime.

RedNeck likes this.