Brock Samurai--where was it last? | FerrariChat

Brock Samurai--where was it last?

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by bitzman, Oct 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Pete brock,most famous for the Cobra Daytona coupe, designed a mid-engine car qith a big rear wing on stilts on a Hino powered chassis. There's a story on the net about a fellow that raced it but the engine kept blowing up.Brock sold it when he began BRE and racing the 510.
    I think the car still looks contemporary but haven't seen it in person.Does anybody have an ad from Autoweek or some other publication advertising it for sale at any time in its history (date and price please) Or did someone go to see it in person? I wonder why nobody put in a more available powerplant with racing parts available? Hino is still in business but I think it's only trucks or commercial vehicles.Brock had the right idea but tied in with the wrong company.

2. MRG22

MRG22 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike Gulett
    #2 MRG22, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Nice looking car

4. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Cool obscure racer. I ran into to Pete a few years back in the 90's and asked him a slew of questions of the TR250K. He was quite surprised I knew so much about it and said "if you liked the triumph you gotta check out the samurai". He said of all the cars he's done that was amongst his favorite.