That famous junkyard again, this time with Pininfarina Ro-80 | FerrariChat

That famous junkyard again, this time with Pininfarina Ro-80

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by bitzman, Oct 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Just when you thought that junkyard in Los Angeles that has many 300SLs, an Iso Grifo spyder, some antique pre-war Mercedes, and many Porsches had nothing more hidden away I remembered seeing a NSU Ro-80 (Wankel engine) with a one off gray two tone body, very slab sided, ugly but I think it inspired some production car. I saw it at a concours, maybe Palos Verdes, and heard it was owned by that junkyard. So being a prototype and one off isn't it worth a million? Ah,if it was Ferrari powered but I don't think the seal tips on a NSU Wankel could even make it 60,000 miles.So here's a case of rarity, Italian body styling but a duff engine for which I don't think parts are readily available. Anybody heard what it sold for when they bought it? Anybody think it's worth saving? By the way when I went there once they had a big dog growling at me which deterred my inquiries but someday if I go back I will brign a Belgian dog that eats a German shepherd for breakfast.

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I was never a NSU fan other than the Wankel application.
    Keep it in the junkyard ;)

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They were in regular production, priced similarly to 280E produced at the time.
    The styling inspired 1983 Audi 5000.