Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Sports

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Severino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizdan View Post
It was such a close fight - really could have gone either way.
I agree, but I don't think Diego looked very good. He didn't do himself any favors in terms of prolonging his UFC career.

Mark
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Armen
Quote:
It was such a close fight - really could have gone either way.
Probably true, but i was Rooting for Gomi, so I saw it with Bias glasses.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Dan K.
My boy is fighting next weekend......I cannot wait! I sincerely hope that he finishes Diaz in a devastating fashion. Also, I think we'll see Condit beat Hendricks, and perhaps finally shut him up. It is long overdue.

And then, Armen, the following event will finally debut your boy Mousasi in the UFC. He's got a tough opponent in Gustafsson, but it will be a great measuring stick on where Mousasi will fit in with this weight class. He certainly has the capability to do well, but in many cases, the level of UFCs' talent is such that guys we have high expectations for falter. We will see soon enough.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
My boy is fighting next weekend......I cannot wait! I sincerely hope that he finishes Diaz in a devastating fashion. Also, I think we'll see Condit beat Hendricks, and perhaps finally shut him up. It is long overdue.

And then, Armen, the following event will finally debut your boy Mousasi in the UFC. He's got a tough opponent in Gustafsson, but it will be a great measuring stick on where Mousasi will fit in with this weight class. He certainly has the capability to do well, but in many cases, the level of UFCs' talent is such that guys we have high expectations for falter. We will see soon enough.
I'm a Condit fan, but Hendricks scares me. He's a far better wrestler and he has some serious power (albeit throws wildly). Reminds me so much of Hendo in that regard, and he can take punishment like Hendo too. I fear Condit's getting KO'd.

Diaz is getting smoked. I like him too, but he has nothing that GSP hasn't seen, and GSP does everything better.

Gustafsson has been a revelation. He looks like a bean pole, yet has beaten some stout competition (if not slightly over the hill, but Rua, Silva, Matyushenko, and Hammill is nothing to sneeze at).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Dan, I'm all for GSP DESTROYING Diaz!!!! I think it won't be easy though. Good luck. I'm excited.
Anyone watch Bellator last night. I think it's SO entertaining!!!! I look forward to Thursday nights.

GO GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Severino
I think GSP is going to kill Diaz (or at least I hope so). I predict a second round TKO.

Mark
Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

GSP will take care of Diaz although fight may be closer than expected. Would have preferred to see Hendricks vs gsp but money talks. Gsp and condit rematch would be interesting although condit was clearly outclassed in their last fight. I like condit really classy guy.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

I hope Condit destroys Hendricks. I am tired of hearing this guy flap his mouth. I am not sure why he so strongly believes he should be next in line for a shot. Because he KO'd a falling star in Fitch, a guy just released by the UFC??? I believe both Diaz and Condit are ranked ahead of him, so untill and unless he beats Condit, he really should keep his mouth shut, because he sounds more and more stupid every time he opens it up. I think he is in for a rude awakening against Condit.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

I think your way off on that. Hendricks is for real in pretty much every department. I think he will beat Condit (I hope Not). Yes, he did beat Fitch, But comm'on, when he beat Fitch, Fitch was not a falling star by ANY Means, I think Fitch's best performance was against Silva right after the loss to Hendricks.

GO GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag512bbi View Post
I think your way off on that. Hendricks is for real in pretty much every department. I think he will beat Condit (I hope Not). Yes, he did beat Fitch, But comm'on, when he beat Fitch, Fitch was not a falling star by ANY Means, I think Fitch's best performance was against Silva right after the loss to Hendricks.

GO GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am just tired of this guy. Every time he opens his mouth, something stupid comes out. For example, today I read on MMAJunkie;

""I don't need to do anything else," he said. "I've done more than GSP has. Everybody [he's] fought, I've fought, and I've knocked a couple of them out.""

UFC 158's Johny Hendricks: Champion Georges St-Pierre 'can't hide forever' | News ? MMAjunkie.com

Above is the most stupid statement I have heard him say yet. Really Johnny? So you have beaten guys like Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Jake Shields, Carlos Condit, Thiago Alves, etc?

The man is just flippin' ignorant. Moron exemplified.

Last edited by kizdan; 03-13-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Good Points you have.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Good Points you have.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Love him or hate him, Hendricks deserves gsp not Diaz. He looked awesome against Fitch and kampmann. I will still root for condit, my kind of fighter. Thought he had gsp after the high kick, gsp has amazing resiliency.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
Love him or hate him, Hendricks deserves gsp not Diaz. He looked awesome against Fitch and kampmann. I will still root for condit, my kind of fighter. Thought he had gsp after the high kick, gsp has amazing resiliency.
Completely disagree.

IMO, after GSP, I would rank Condit as #2, and then Diaz as #3. Until Hendricks beats one of those two, he is not deserving of a shot, nor does he deserve to be ranked ahead of either of those two.

If Hendricks' two biggest wins are Kampmann (ranked #7 by the UFC), and Fitch (no longer ranked by the UFC), how does that qualify him as the #1 contender? Because Hendricks says so? Since when is Hendricks in a position to call his own shots? This guy talks as if he has the pedigree of a GSP or an Anderson Silva.

If he beats Condit this weekend, then I would agree that he is deserving of a shot. The UFC is doing it the right way, never mind what moron Hendricks has to say.

Go Condit!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Boy, I never heard you hate so much!!!!!!! I guess im backing out of this one! We will continue conversation Sunday Morning. Peices will fall where they may.
I'm rooting for Condit but seeing Hendrick's vs GSP will be more entertaining than a GSP vs Condit II... IMO
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag512bbi View Post
Boy, I never heard you hate so much!!!!!!! I guess im backing out of this one! We will continue conversation Sunday Morning. Peices will fall where they may.
I'm rooting for Condit but seeing Hendrick's vs GSP will be more entertaining than a GSP vs Condit II... IMO
Believe me.....I really want to see GSP/Hendricks as well, so GSP can completely dominate him like he does to just about everyone else, and shut the moron up. I just want to see Hendricks earn it by beating Condit.

How about the request by Benson Henderson to move up and fight GSP? Even though Dana shot it down, man, that would be incredible to see!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Completely disagree.

IMO, after GSP, I would rank Condit as #2, and then Diaz as #3. Until Hendricks beats one of those two, he is not deserving of a shot, nor does he deserve to be ranked ahead of either of those two.

If Hendricks' two biggest wins are Kampmann (ranked #7 by the UFC), and Fitch (no longer ranked by the UFC), how does that qualify him as the #1 contender? Because Hendricks says so? Since when is Hendricks in a position to call his own shots? This guy talks as if he has the pedigree of a GSP or an Anderson Silva.

If he beats Condit this weekend, then I would agree that he is deserving of a shot. The UFC is doing it the right way, never mind what moron Hendricks has to say.

Go Condit!
Your logic is flawed. By your flawed judgement, weidman should not deserve a shot at Anderson since he hasn't "done enough"? Please. Condit lost to gsp and fight was not close enough to guarantee immediate rematch. Condit beat Diaz. Gsp called out Diaz, that's why this fight is happening. Don't let your hate for Hendricks cloud what could be a compelling matchup. Hendricks has legendary ground game and a fearsome standup package.

He deserves this fight far more than Diaz and most mma afficionados would agree with me IMHO.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Furthermore, you have to look at where Fitch was at the time he fought Hendricks. Koshcheck wasn't chopped liver either.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
Your logic is flawed. By your flawed judgement, weidman should not deserve a shot at Anderson since he hasn't "done enough"? Please. Condit lost to gsp and fight was not close enough to guarantee immediate rematch. Condit beat Diaz. Gsp called out Diaz, that's why this fight is happening. Don't let your hate for Hendricks cloud what could be a compelling matchup. Hendricks has legendary ground game and a fearsome standup package.

He deserves this fight far more than Diaz and most mma afficionados would agree with me IMHO.
Diaz was granted a shot at the title before Condit or Hendricks. Condit beat Diaz, so you think Diaz's rank drops by more than 1 place, which should be right behind Condit? Seriously? Hendricks somehow moves ahead of Diaz without having beaten Diaz or Condit? Heck, I could even make a case for Rory being higher ranked than Hendricks.

What 1 or 2 fighters do you feel should be ranked ahead of Weidman that should be getting the shot ahead of him?

At the end of the day, the UFC has handled this correctly, IMO, by making Henricks fight one of the two guys who are ahead of him. I'm sorry for not jumping on the Hendricks bandwagon, but I am not going to buy into his self-promoting BS.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Diaz was granted a shot at the title before Condit or Hendricks. Condit beat Diaz, so you think Diaz's rank drops by more than 1 place, which should be right behind Condit? Seriously? Hendricks somehow moves ahead of Diaz without having beaten Diaz or Condit? Heck, I could even make a case for Rory being higher ranked than Hendricks.

What 1 or 2 fighters do you feel should be ranked ahead of Weidman that should be getting the shot ahead of him?

At the end of the day, the UFC has handled this correctly, IMO, by making Henricks fight one of the two guys who are ahead of him. I'm sorry for not jumping on the Hendricks bandwagon, but I am not going to buy into his self-promoting BS.
Are you kidding me? Diaz is coming off a loss and a suspension for being an idiot smoking ganja. Unless your name is Frankie Edgar, you don't deserve a title shot coming off a loss nor an immediate rematch.

When it comes to self promotion, talking smack, and being a ****** in general Diaz>>>>>Hendricks.

"Hendricks is generally a genial guy who smiles and laughs easily and doesn't seem to sweat much. But frustration is beginning to set in given the odd way the last year or so has played out.
When Hendricks looks at the main event, he doesn't see one of the UFC's most heated rivalries. Instead, he sees a guy coming off a loss, who failed a drug test and was suspended for a year, getting the opportunity that Hendricks had worked so long and so hard to obtain.
Hendricks, you see, passed all of his drug tests. He avoided suspension. He won when he needed to win and was spectacular when the situation called for it. He handled his obligations professionally, showed up on time, did what was required and never complained.
After a 12-second knockout of Jon Fitch and that decision victory over Koscheck, Hendricks went into his fight with Martin Kampmann at UFC 154 on Nov. 17 on the St-Pierre-Condit undercard believing a win would earn him the next shot at the title.
Win, he did. He knocked Kampmann out in 46 seconds and seemed to have locked up the shot at the belt.
Instead, though, he's prepared to face Condit with no guarantee he'll get a shot even with a win. It would seem a slam dunk he'll face the winner if he beats Condit, but then the same thing seemed to be true after he bludgeoned Kampmann.
"You think about this and you go, 'Huh? How is this happening?' " Hendricks said."

QFT. Y! SPORTS