LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 02:13 AM
Eight Time F1 World Champ

Full Name: Pap
My Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxrebel View Post
The Alvarado-Gamboa was a real snooze fest btw.
Yeah, I watched that one too lol.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAP 348 View Post
Yeah, I watched that one too lol.
I thought that was a bore fest too. I mean they gave the win to Gamboa but what did he really do in the fight? No wonder Crawford beat that guy.

Last edited by Graz; 03-15-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:19 PM

My Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
I thought that was a bore fest too. I mean they gave the win to Gamboa but what did he really do in the fight? No wonder Crawford beat that guy.
Yep yep.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:14 AM

My Garage
What an interesting fight today and a controversial decision too.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:53 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

The fact that Jacobs made it through 12 rounds is what makes it interesting imho. Golovkin outpointed him and knocked him down and justifiably won the unanimous decision. I thought the fight was pretty boring but they all can't be "drama" shows. The undercard Gonzalez loss was controversial I thought since the head butts by his opponent really had an impact (no pun intended) on the decision.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

I'm gonna have to rewatch the fight since I was streaming and not the best quality. That was GGG's worst performance and had it pretty close, maybe even a draw.

I know it's about hitting and not being hit, but damn I hate that style of "fighting" that Jacobs gave us. 1, It makes for boring fights, 2 it gives us controversial decisions, 3 it also proves that Jacobs was afraid of GGG.

As for Chocolatito, I think this weight division might be too much for him. Rungvisai was easily imposing his size on Gonzales, pushing,shoving and just bullying him all over the ring. Choc's punches never hurt Rungvisai, whom never stopped throwing his hands.

Huge credit to Chocolatito for going the distance, but it was just too much for him.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
I'm gonna have to rewatch the fight since I was streaming and not the best quality. That was GGG's worst performance and had it pretty close, maybe even a draw.

I know it's about hitting and not being hit, but damn I hate that style of "fighting" that Jacobs gave us. 1, It makes for boring fights, 2 it gives us controversial decisions, 3 it also proves that Jacobs was afraid of GGG.

As for Chocolatito, I think this weight division might be too much for him. Rungvisai was easily imposing his size on Gonzales, pushing,shoving and just bullying him all over the ring. Choc's punches never hurt Rungvisai, whom never stopped throwing his hands.

Huge credit to Chocolatito for going the distance, but it was just too much for him.
Agree. Golovkin/Jacobs fight was boring. Not your typical GGG drama show. And I do think Rungvisai was just too big for Gonzalez. Gonzalez was more active but less effective.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Sponsor

Full Name: Joe Sackey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAP 348 View Post
What an interesting fight today and a controversial decision too.
Pap,

The decision is universally seen & being reported controversial because, the person who got awarded the win, really didn't

A World Champion who you know saw a draw, the best case scenario for GGG, in reality. But as we all know boxing is political, money talks, and future fights must be ensured. True, a challenger should take away the titles convincingly, but many feel he just about did.

This fight did far more for the reputation of Jacobs than it did for GGG, whose standing continues to diminish a bit in the eyes of many. In fact, the latter wont be holding his head too high amongst his boxing peers who know better.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again after watching boxing for 40 -plus years - GGG is a good champion, good, but not great. His fighting style is very one-dimensional, and he can easily be hit. His power is good, but not great. He is better than average, but his performances are often lack-luster. And so say some who I respect who know much better than I!

Meanwhile, I am giving out free t-shirts with "#GGGfanboys" emblazoned on the front.

Any takers?

OK, on the other hand I've got some free Sombreros...
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/lam...downdraft.html

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston S. Churchill
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Sorry Joe. The only thing that Jacobs did that was noteworthy was not getting knocked out. His "strategy" kept him safe. I'll give him that. He's a poised and excellent fighter but the only thing Dozier "finesse" tactic was doing was putting me to sleep and not Golovkin. The fight was boring. Golovkin wasn't his best either but he outpointed Jacobs and knocked him down. People keep wanting to elevate any opponent who has any degree of success against Golovkin. Jacobs didn't do nearly enough to warrant a win. Unanimous decision for Golovkin. Period.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: King Koopa
glad I passed on the triple garbage fight ppv cost
Old 03-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Sponsor

Quote:
Sorry Joe. The only thing that Jacobs did that was noteworthy was not getting knocked out. His "strategy" kept him safe. I'll give him that. He's a poised and excellent fighter but the only thing Dozier "finesse" tactic was doing was putting me to sleep and not Golovkin. The fight was boring. Golovkin wasn't his best either but he outpointed Jacobs and knocked him down. People keep wanting to elevate any opponent who has any degree of success against Golovkin. Jacobs didn't do nearly enough to warrant a win. Unanimous decision for Golovkin. Period.
Fair comments.

Its a professional boxer's job to devise a strategy that keeps him safe from the other fighter and not get knocked out, and in that regard, Jacobs succeeded. It's not the fighter's job to fight the way you wish for simply to create an entertaining fight!

Personally, I found the fight interesting, as you have said yourself.

As far as the champion is concerned, it's his job to put away the challenger convincingly (as the GGG fanboys predicted) and in that regard, GGG failed miserably.

That said, I'd easily agree that Jacobs didn't do enough to win convincingly, but neither did GGG, ergo the close & controversial decision.

I would absolutely agree that Jacobs wasn't a particularly formidable opponent, he was simply effective, which makes GGG's performance against an average fighter look even worse!

I certainly won't elevate Jacobs, I think there are far more formidable fighters who can challenge GGG.

Viva Mexico!

The bottom line is, GGG doesn't really live up to all the hype.

I've still got those free t-shirts

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston S. Churchill
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe sackey View Post
Fair comments.

Its a professional boxer's job to devise a strategy that keeps him safe from the other fighter and not get knocked out, and in that regard, Jacobs succeeded. It's not the fighter's job to fight the way you wish for simply to create an entertaining fight!

As far as the champion is concerned, it's his job to put away the challenger convincingly (as the GGG fanboys predicted) and in that regard, GGG failed miserably.

That said, I'd easily agree that Jacobs didn't do enough to win convincingly, but neither did GGG, ergo the close & controversial decision.

I would absolutely agree that Jacobs wasn't a particularly formidable opponent, he was simply effective, which makes GGG's performance against an average fighter look even worse!

I certainly won't elevate Jacobs, I think there are far more formidable fighters who can challenge GGG.

Viva Mexico!

Fair enough and well said. A rematch with Jacobs might be in order to clear this up. Unlikely though with Team Golovkin's eye on Saunders and then Canelo.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe sackey View Post
Fair comments.

Viva Mexico!

Same goes for Jacobs, he didn't live up to his hype either. The style of fighting he picked made for a boring fight. I was expecting him to give us a fight like he did against Quillin, hence, it would have made a GREAT fight against GGG.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:21 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
A rematch with Jacobs might be in order to clear this up.
I'm even less interested in that than the first one I skipped.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestShoot View Post
Same.

Bring on Canelo-Chavez Jr, GGG-Saunders
Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Same.

Bring on Canelo-Chavez Jr, GGG-Saunders
Yes, no
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
I agree. I'm personally have no interest in seeing a rematch either.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, no
I'd like to see GGG fight the winner of Canelo vs Chavez Jr.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Sponsor

Quote:
Same goes for Jacobs, he didn't live up to his hype either. The style of fighting he picked made for a boring fight. I was expecting him to give us a fight like he did against Quillin, hence, it would have made a GREAT fight against GGG.
Good point on the fight-style, although, again, the fighter's job is to fight to self-preserve & win, not to entertain. Only the really great Champions could do both!

That said, Jacobs had no hype to live up to, he was a decided underdog on all fronts, given little chance and disregarded by most, including yourself as you said "Def GGG by stoppage, no more than 8 rds". GGG on the other hand is the undisputed most over-hyped boxer I can think of in recent memory!

Old 03-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Sponsor

Quote:
I agree. I'm personally have no interest in seeing a rematch either.
Unanimously agreed!