College Football 2013 | FerrariChat

College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GrigioGuy, Dec 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #1 GrigioGuy, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Might as well get a start on the next season. Lots of shuffling on conferences, including several teams that seem to have parachuted onto the Titanic just as it reaches the iceberg.

My own University of North Texas Mean Green has moved into Conference USA, which is a step up from the Sun Belt. Unfortunately CUSA isn't what it used to be -- but outside of the superconferences, what is these days?

Our money game for 2013 is our inevitable stomping by SEC member Georgia.

This photo was snapped by a member of the team and drifted around the web/twitter/etc. for a bit. Obviously with the Tulane move to the Big East (IF that still occurs) there will be some shifting.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #2 FarmerDave, Dec 21, 2012
    For the first time in three years, I am excited about Tech football. And I'm more excited than I ever have been, even counting while I was in school there.

The Mike Leach firing was painful, the past three years proved to be numbing, but now the riverboat hustler Tommy Tubbberville is finally gone, and our prodigal son Kliff Kingsbury has returned to lead the football program after a superbowl ring from being on the Patriots reserve squad, then serving as an offensive coordinator at U of Houston, where he coached Case Keenum to rediculous offensive production, and then most recently was offensive coordinator at Texas A&M where he coached Johnny Heisman's rediculous freshman year.

And now he's home on the South Plains where he belongs.

And the Texas Tech pirate ship finally has a proper Kaptain at the helm.

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ...never too early though. :D

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/very-early-college-football-top-25-2013

Ole Miss will be 2013's Notre Dame...from unranked to BCS title game! You heard it here first...Hotty Toddy!

4. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    2013 can't come soon enough, this year was a disaster. Although if Kyle Van Noy goes pro, I'll be a sad panda.

5. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #5 575Mike, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    8. Notre Dame
    Regardless of what happens in the national championship game, the Fighting Irish will have trouble repeating their 12-0 mark in 2013. However, expect Notre Dame to still rank among the top 10-15 teams in the nation next year. The defense is expected to suffer significant losses, as linebacker Manti Te’o and end Kapron Lewis-Moore expire their eligibility after the national championship, and nose guard Louis Nix III and cornerback Bennett Jackson could leave early for the NFL. With the defense likely to suffer some losses, the offense needs to lead the way next year. Quarterback Everett Golson should be more comfortable in his second season as the starter, but running back Cierre Wood and left tackle Zack Martin may decide to leave for the NFL. Even if the Fighting Irish suffer some early departures to the draft, this team should still remain in the mix for a BCS bowl.

^ Typical 'fast food', factually inaccurate analyisis. ^

Nix is returning. Jackson is returning. Martin is returning. Wood is leaving, but Notre Dame is absolutely loaded at RB next year including George Atkinson III, RS tailback Amir Carlisle (transfer from USC) and incoming frosh 5 Star Greg Bryant (out of Delray Beach, FL). Further, Notre Dame has the #2 rated recruiting class overall, and probably the #1 class if it's based strictly on the defensive side. And the class will only get stronger in the next 30 days, e.g. Max Redfield a 5 Star DB/S (out if Mission Viejo, CA) just decommitted from USC and will probably commit to ND on 1/04. Brian Kelly is in the process of transforming Notre Dame into an SEC type team so they will contend year in and year out.

6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Until the NFL comes calling. :rolleyes:

7. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The de rigueur mantra with its basis in pure speculation. :rolleyes:

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Man bowl season is so boring...useless games made only for sponsorship just to kill time to the national championship. Can't wait for January to come around. And for the only game that matters, I'll be on an airplane during the 1st half. :(

9. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Praise The Lord, Van Noy is staying for his senior year!

10. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #10 4re Nut, Jan 6, 2013
    Still very fluid but the rich look to be getting richer as they say.

A&M appears to be stockpiling talent for a major push to support Johnny Football.

Vandy coming on strong...their coach will be gone to a richer pasture after this year.

I'm surprised to see Oregon that far down the list but they might move up now that it sounds like the coach is staying...for now.

Ole Miss is still in the running for the # 1 overall player so they could/should move up...Hotty Toddy!

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?addata=2009_insdr_mod_ncf_xxx_xxx

11. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #11 4re Nut, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Now that world order has been retained for another year...wouldn't it be ironic if Urban and the Buckettes break the SEC's streak considering that his Gators started it...Ole Miss vs OSU...Rebels don't fail me now!!! :D

12. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just a negotiating tactic with Notre Dame. He's not going anywhere, but ....

Chris Mortensen and ‏AdamSchefter report: Eagles interviewed Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly. Sides will revisit when Kelly returns from out of country.

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Guess he was summoned to the Vatican to explain himself.

14. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    :D:D:D Good stuff Sparta.

15. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Bless me Holy Father for I have sinned. I failed to schedule quality opponents for my team to play. This gave them and all the faithful a false sense of security. It was through my most grievous fault that I led the Irish into the S.E.C. buzzsaw known as the Crimson Tide led by Lucifer himself in the form of Nick Saban.

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Nebraska might have a decent offense : they better, because they are going to need to score 50+ points a game in order to win a bunch of games.

17. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #17 4re Nut, Jan 19, 2013
  18. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #18 4re Nut, Feb 6, 2013
    Robert Nkemdiche commits to Mississippi Rebels on national signing day - ESPN

Hotty Toddy!

Football Class Rankings - ESPN

19. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    So will you have an imaginary girlfriend to go with your imaginary 2003 SEC West Championship Banner hanging in the stadium???

20. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Now that was just uncalled for. You deserve an imaginary smack down.

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    :)

22. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #22 Rifledriver, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    The word at USC is that there is a group of alums beating the bushes for the money to buy out Lame Kiffins contract.

They have had enough of that nitwit but I have heard it is going to take 10 mil to make it happen.

If thats a real number there must be a penalty for early buyout. Considering they even hired him they might have been dumb enough to go for it.

Then all they need is a coach that can fix the mess he made.

23. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  24. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Congrats to Ole Miss. Glad to see someone other than LSU or Bama gaining some of the kids out of high school. Of course most of this means very little as we have learned at OSU.

Overall you will get some good ones from all of the ones you recruit, but I wouldn't start writing your ticket to the National Championship just yet there Hoddy Toddy. :D

25. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Just heard that LSU has hired Cam Cameron as the new Offensive Coordinator. The 52 year old Cameron helped develop Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and Joe Flacco. looks like the Ole Miss fans' premature celebrations are no longer confined to the bedroom. :)