NFL 2013 | FerrariChat

NFL 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by S Brake, Mar 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 S Brake, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    I figured with all the free agent trades, it would be a good time to start the new thread.
    Wes Welker goes to the Broncos
    Alex Smith goes to the Chiefs
    Reggie Bush goes to Detroit
    Paul Kruger goes to the Browns

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    WTF Ravens? 4/11 defensive starters gone? Ed Reed makes it 5? If they knew they were cutting Pollard, why not re-sign Boldin?

NFC West pretty interesting. Harvin and Boldin, battle for conference supremacy.

Amendola an upgrade over Welker? Wouldn't pay Welker more than 5, Amendola gets 6.2 LOL. Brady stays happy. He could run sets with Hernandez and Gronk and be fine.

Eagles undergoing purge under new regime as well. Remember the "Dream Team" from 2 years ago? Asomugha, DRC gone.

3. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Wow. I wasn't expecting that.

4. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm not terribly surprised that they couldn't work something out. While Welker is a great receiver, he missed some crucial catches in the post season.

5. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I think Welker going to the Broncos was more of an FU to the Patriots front office. I believe the Pats gave him a similar offer, and instead of staying with what he knew (Brady and the offense) he took a chance with the Broncos. Not many players get to jump from one HOF quarterback straight to another, so he should be fine where he is now.

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Heard pats wouldn't offer welker more than 5 mil then agreed to 6.2 with amendola. Suspected rift between belicheat and welker last season.

7. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    aaahhh ok, then I'm glad he split. I wonder how pissed Brady is, seeing as how he took a cap friendly restructuring of his contract this year..

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Definitely irritated, especially since Welker went to Brady's HOF nemesis Manning. Manning is going to have to appease 3 prime WRs, Thomas and Decker won't be too happy losing as many looks as Welker enjoyed the past several seasons. So long to the 2 TE sets the Broncos sometimes employ.

IMO Brady could run sets with Hernandez and Gronk and still kill it. He won SBs with many different receivers. Amendola has potential IF he stays healthy.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Without a doubt there was something going on behind the scenes - remember Bellicheat benched him?

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Greg Jennings to the Vikes? Although that would normally sting when a prime free-agent goes to a divisional rival, in this case I don't think it will until the Vikes upgrade their QB

11. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    He missed one notable catch a year ago, but beyond that you can't catch them all.
    The one he missed was short and behind him, just about everyone says that would have been tough for anyone to make, regardless of the guys that say 'if you touch it you should catch it'.

And we STILL have a clown that doesn't understand most coaches did - and some still do - what Belicheck did, they just didn't get caught because they didn't have a moron (Eric Mangini) rat him out.

They did - they signed Matt Cassell (LOL)
    I was shocked Minnesota re-signed Jerome Simpson, I would be a little surprised if they have a better record this year than last season.
    Maybe they can pull Brett Favre out of retirement again to throw to Jennings? :)

I personally think a lot of this is by-design - teams have FINALLY crunched the numbers to see just exactly when a players EOL (end of life as far as being as productive and as fast/quick as they were when they came into the league) is.

As is most of the time, this is a 'money grab', but you cannot hold that against them, since most of these guys will be out of the league in 3-5 years. Plus Welker is moving closer to home. Lots of things play into this, of course with money being the biggest issue. I don't understand why NE didn't throw to Brandon Lloyd nearly as much as I thought they would. Welker and Brandon Stokely are the same player, one is older, Amendola and Welker are the same players, Amendola is 5 years younger, but a lot more injury-prone, that move I kinda question, I think they could have drafted a Welker wannabe in the 5th or 6th round and groom him into the position, BWDIK?

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not from what I saw. Welker dropped more than one pass that should have been easily caught during this last post season.

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    So does everyone, but was it 'notable'?

I spoke too soon on Brandon Lloyd, now I don't have a clue as to what New England is thinking. (to let both Welker and Lloyd walk...)

14. igor

igor Karting

Dec 27, 2010
    As a Seattle native it sure is awesome seeing seahawks being talked about on sports center. Can't wait for the games against the 49ers... They got their asses handed last year. Wonder how the 2 teams will stack up this year. Harvin was a huge trade in my opinion, this was a guy being talked about as a MVP candidate before he got hurt. How ironic, it was the Seahawks who ended his season last year lol.

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Say what?? The topic had nothing to do with Spygate, but since you brought it up.....

We STILL have a clown that makes excuses for Bellicheat. So if everyone is doing it, why didn't everyone get fined? So if everyone is doing it, then it's okay then right? Everyone is doing steroids, so it's okay.

And for the record, Mangini only ratted Bellicheat out when Bellicheat was arrogant and stupid enough to cheat against Mangini's Jets - Mangini didn't go to the NFL before that, he was protecting HIS team.

Tell me this - what has Bellicheat accomplished AFTER he was caught? He sure did a good job of turning around the Browns back in the 80's, didn't he? Ooops - he was fired by the Browns in mid-season, wasn't he?

And he did it back in Parcells' Giants' days too when he was DC - look it up and see for yourself.

In the words of Kurt Warner after the Patriots defeated the Rams in the SuperBowl"

"It was as if they had one of their guys in our huddle, they knew what our plays were before we even executed them at the snap"

Close, Kurt; they had you on camera before you executed at the snap....

16. TroyI

TroyI Karting

Mar 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Troy Isaacson
    BS. Thomas and Decker will not care if they et a ring. If they get shut out completely, that is a different story.

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    *I* brought it up?

Do you remember your own writing:

To me, this indicates YOU brought it up, Ace.

I will agree with you - Belicheck IS arrogant.
    And I will also agree with you in that Mangini was protecting his own team.

How has Mangini's record turned out, so far?

Most everyone has done it, some still do it a wayward fashion, but I don't think most do anymore. Hell, you wanna know a secret? *I* did this in 1977-78, but here's the difference - I wasn't smart enough back then to recognize what I was doing, I just figured I was shooting from the end zone for the hell of it.

What has he accomplished since getting caught?
    He's done pretty damned good, but if you judge everything by rings, then no, he has not won any, but neither have about 26 other teams, whilst he has been to the SB twice since then.

LOL, for a team that "It was as if they had one of their guys in our huddle, they knew what our plays were before we even executed them at the snap", they didn't do too well, they only one by 3.

And the funny part is?
    New England isn't even my favorite team, so I am not defending them based on being biased for them.

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I just hope he does well, better than Sidney Rice turned out.

The NFL is evolving - it is not the same league it was even 3 years ago.

I am looking forward to the NFC West games this year, on paper SF and Sea are head-and-shoulders better than anyone, but AZ and StL have this habit of being spoilers when you least expect it. Don't count out Jeff Fisher.

19. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A bit long but good for a chuckle or two...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxpf0tmllBc]Anthony Adams Retires - YouTube[/ame]

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, and how many games has Gronk and Hernandez missed last season?

I can't figure out cutting Lloyd AND letting Welker go.

Crabtree AND Boldin AND Vernon Davis?

To me, it looks like the teams to beat are going to be Denver, SF, Sea, Cincy and Dallas is flying under the radar.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How dumb is Jerry Jones?

As a Niners fan, at least I don't have to worry about the Cowboys for the next 6 years now (or however long Romo's contract is).

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm hoping that what I read was an April fools joke. Romo gets a 6 year, $108 million contract?
    WTF???

23. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It's true, unfortunately. :(

24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol...the April Fool's joke is on the Cowboys and their fans.

Looking at this contract, I think Jerry Jones has given him $1 million for each game Romo has thrown away :D

25. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Read the fine print, its actually 4 year 65 million. Besides who were they going to get, Matt Flynn?

Romo is not the problem. The lack of a running game is the problem. Romo has more than enough talent to win multiple Super Bowls (5th all time passer rating!).

Don't be so smug SF ... Things can turn on a dime.