College Football (NON SEC ONLY) 2013 | FerrariChat

College Football (NON SEC ONLY) 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BT, Aug 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #1 BT, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    Per the Dr's suggestion, this thread will be to discuss all college football stuff without the constant fanbois stuff for SEC teams. Not sure if the SEC fans will be able to resist interjecting into this thread, time will tell.

Big game tomorrow for Miami as FAU comes to town. Hopefully the Ibis prove stronger than the Owls. I'm going to take Miami in this one as SteMo runs over FAU to the tune of 21-29 passing for 220 yards, 2 td's 1 int...

Miami wins 31-10

GO CANES!
    :)
    BT

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Besides, this post, I promise any response from me will not reference the SEC in any way :)

Now let's go play some football!

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    So we ended up winning g 34-6. Next week can make this a great season if we can pull off the win.

GO CANES!!!

BT

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    The Game was fun to Watch. not that they beat anyone "special" but still, fun to watch. GO CANES!!!!!

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Pac 12 fan here, my alma mater is UCLA. I'm interested to see how season #2 under Mora shapes up. They lost some players, but have been recruiting a better level of talent the last two seasons.

Oregon looks like Oregon so far, USC doesn't look like USC (but give it time) and I'm really interested to see if Stanford is equal to the hype. The conference should be tougher top-to-bottom this year with a lot of great talent.

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Generally I agree but Oregon state is doing poorly so far against east Washington. I think they will pull out the win. Oregon looked awesome today!

BT

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #7 ricksb, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    Yeah, EWU looks like the team that should be ranked in this game. It will be a bad loss for the conference if this holds up. USC didn't have a good win either.

Maybe WSU can pull a surprise at Auburn...

8. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    My Buckeyes looked very average yesterday. The wrap up shows are making us sound like we did well against Buffalo but we really didn't.

In any case congrats to Clemson for beating a team from that other conference again. Looks like the top of that conference may be ok, but the rest of it? Maybe not so good.

:D:D:D

MB

9. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Texas looked great after the 1st. 4TD for 50+ yards. They have legs, they have D, all they need is for the QB to remain confident. He has the skills and more importantly a team to make those skills work....

10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The niles should have a great game tomorrow night. Pittsburgh is going to wish they had stayed in the big east I think.

BT

11. Brewman

Brewman Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2012
    NC Mountains @ Boone
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Disappointed in how UNC looked against South Carolina. This game was a good indicator of how far the Tarheel's are from being a really good football team much less a national contender. Not looking forward to the upcoming game against Clemson who looked awesome against Georgia from the SEC.

12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Very satisfied with my Bruins yesterday. Biggest change from the past is their size on both lines...and athleticism to go with it.

UCLA has a tough schedule, but I can't think of any games where they will be a huge underdog. Should be a good season for them.

13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Based on the performances of the first week I would put the following teams as my top 5:

Oregon
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Clemson
    LSU

Georgia Tech had great stats, but against Elon it doesn't mean much.

Miami is ranked in one of the polls for the first time in a few years. Let's hope they can handle it and win next weekend. Our recent history has been to lose as soon as we get ranked.

GO CANES!!!

BT

15. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    The Noles offense suddenly looks like it did in the 90s! Good to see the Noles on any top 5 list.....even if it's from a Canes fan!!!!!!!

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I'm a die hard Canes fan but I can admit to our inferiority to some other teams at the moment. It is funny how 10 years ago many people thought Miami would stay dominant for many years... anobody stays at the top forever. We had great teams while I was at Miami (85-90) so no complaints here...

BT

17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    #17 ag512bbi, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oh let the good times roll....
    My fondest memories of the Canes of yester year. This was the end of an amazing era! The Ruthless Possee
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    #18 JG333SP, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    WIDE RI###......I can't even say it out loud. You know this pic is traumatizing to any Noles fan that lived through this-I was a student at the 1st game and still think the kick was good!

All jokes aside it's good to see the U coming back. Al Golden is solid. I need at least a good shock to the gators this weekend. This may not be the current team but I know the gators aren't playing Toledo

19. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    What year is this? Lamar (far left) went to middle school with me-he's about a year older than I am. He got me and this other kid in trouble one day and I'm still pissed ha ha. I tried to catch him but that didn't work out

20. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The teams at Miami while I was there didn't just want to win. They wanted the opposing team to dread coming back to play in the future. Going to the Orange Bowl through little Havana was a great home field advantage, and the midday games really hurt many opposing teams. I am glad we are playing Florida at noon. Hopefully this will start a winning trend to bring us back to title contenders in the not too distant future!

GO CANES!

I raced Mike Irvin along US1 back then after meeting him in the Burger King around midnight one night. He had a 280ZX and I had a Celica GT. I lost, but it was lots of fun.

BT

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I want to say '91. Daryll Spencer #35 I don't think was on the team in '92.
    BT help me out on this one...

22. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Did these guys actually play again today?! Gators?! Wow!

23. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Is this the thread where we mention that Miami just beat someone from that other conference?

MB

24. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    We got some 'Canes over here! As far as that pic goes I can look it up but I would guess 1991.

BT

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    NICE!!!!!!!!