well done Alvaro.... | FerrariChat

well done Alvaro....

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GermanDino, Jun 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    well done Alvaro....
    the Germans love it....

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Matthias, what did he do?

3. rbsloan11

rbsloan11 Karting

Apr 25, 2007
    Carmel
    Full Name:
    Rob
  4. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

It is a soccer thing . . . . Alvaro Pereira is playing for Uruguay in the FIFA World Cup and during the game today (Thursday, June 19 against England), he took a knee in the head from attacking midfielder Raheem Sterling, and Alvaro was apparently KO'd. Alvaro refused to allow himself to be taken out of the game to get checked out, and this was controversial because of concerns about head injuries and concussions in soccer (think Michael Schumacher and skiing). Since Germany is in a different bracket group during the FIFA World Cup, either Matthias is complementing him on not allowing himself to be taken out of the game, or Matthias is thinking that the potential of his possible injury (or a decision to not allow him to play in a future game) will help Germany if they both advance to later rounds.

5. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    The mensage is not for Alvaro Pereira, it's for me. With Uruguay 2 - England 1, we almost
    put England out of World Cup Brasil 2014. Next week we will go for Italy. Congratulations for you also. CR7 is still with insomnia in the night due to Germany!!!. Good luck in the next games.
    Regards,
    Alvaro

6. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    it`s amazing what your team can achieve.... with a total population of only 3 million in Uruguay! Good luck against Italy....

7. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If you guys had read the German Footballer Compendium.. er... I mean Dino Compendium you'd know what he mean't :)

8. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    The small countries are there. Yes, the football world can't understand that a country with only 3 millions of total population get the 4 place in Southafrica, get the best player of the World Cup 2010 (Diego Forlan), play Luis Suárez (best player of the Premier Ligue) after a surgery 28 days before, Cavani (PSG) one of the best in France, Godin Champion in Spain, Cáceres champion in Italy, etc., etc.. Football is in our blood...
    Thanks for your messages Matthias. Regards
    Alvaro
    PS: England is now out of the World Cup. We must win to Italy next week.

9. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    yes, please send Italy (Germany`s bogey team) home too
    :)

10. TonyJerseyUK

TonyJerseyUK Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    +1

From a fanatical England supporter who's entire summer has been ruined by his team's complete and utter ineptitude and hopelessness! :( :( :(

11. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Tony, we haven`t been much better against Ghana, but luckily managed a draw.....

12. TonyJerseyUK

TonyJerseyUK Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    Matthias, But the difference is that you actually have a great team, and my bunch are complete and utter sh*t! I think this sums up England's World Cup "assault" nicely...

http://t.co/DIjov8nHvt

Germany for yet another semi (at least) as per always...

13. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Tony, Jersey needs to split off and you might have a chance like Uruguay...
    :)

14. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

The last time Jersey was "split off" from the UK was from1940 to 1945 by GUESS WHO?

15. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Alvaro, I´m in font of the TV now... all the best....

16. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Alvaro must be smiling right now

17. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    another European team out.... incredible....
    I hope Germany isn`t next....

but I didn`t know Mike Tyson`s younger brother is playing for the Celeste.....

18. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    I hope Germany will be in the 4 best. It's a great team, for me the best (with Holland) until now. Today was a hard match, but I think Uruguay did a very good job and I saw a clear penalty against Cavani. But Godin did the job and Uruguay is IN and Italy OUT. My second nacionality is Italian, but in football is only Uruguay.
    Alvaro

19. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Felicidades Alvaro! A deserved win, yet after all, Italy played the worse I have ever seen.Their football is great at home due to the foreign players, just as Spain, but in this Mundial, just plain bad.

To me, the beating by Holland is the most pleasing result, as Spain needed an entire "humble pie bakery".

Un abrazo, Alberto

20. TonyJerseyUK

TonyJerseyUK Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    Hi Alvaro,
    How do you think you'll get on when Luis is "probably" banned for two years by FIFA later today?!
    I do hope they don't ban him from club footie as well (which they have the power to do).
    Yup, being a glutton for punishment, not only do I support England, but my team has been Liverpool for the past 48 years! :( Carnage!
    Cheers,
    Tony

21. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    9 matches + 4 month banned for Liverpool
    Tony, seems to be tough world cup for you....

22. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    First of all, congratulations for the clasification of Germany. An easy match today.
    About Luis Suárez : I think he have a problem, but I think the sanction is out of proportion.
    The italian player was not damaged by Suárez, but you have other infractions with legs or nose broken and nothing happens. It's clear that Brasilian and English influenced the sanctions. Of course that Uruguay without Suárez is other team.
    Why Suárez can't be in the hotel with the team?. Why he can not go to see any match?
    He is a terrorist?.
    How can you explain that Zedine got the Gold Ballon from FIFA after the head he put on Matterassi in that World Cup?
    Anyway I think we can win Colombia.
    Regards, Alvaro

23. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    True that the physical damage was minimal, but I'd say that showing aggression by biting your opponent off the ball isn't remotely part of the game. Suarez clearly knew all eyes would be on him because of his previous problems with biting, so I can only suspect he can't control himself.

I'd think Uruguay's chances are decent against Columbia even without him, but they are clearly way more dangerous with him.

24. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Oh dear! ;)

As for Suarez, he absolutely should be banned from club football too IMO. It's not like it's the first, or even second time, he's done it! I think the penalty is very, very, lenient - I was expecting them to throw the book at him for the maximum two years. It's indefensible and has no place in ANY sport.

The boy needs some serious help - he knows there's cameras at every angle, and they're going to be focused on him a lot - He can be a wonderful striker - but, come on!

The Italian player WAS damaged! - he had *bite* marks in his shoulder! Legs & noses, knees etc all get hurt, it's still a hard game. But generally those incidents are *accidental* - A whole different issue to taking a chunk out of multiple players! (OK, very occasionally someone comes out with a vendetta and hurts an opponent deliberately, but that's very rare, particularly today.)

Nonsense. Sorry.

Because he's shown himself to be an animal, and there is no place in the game for such animals. I'm just surprised he didn't get the full two year ban - And a ban is just that; no attendance at games, no interaction with his team, etc.

He was sent off! And his Balon D'or was before that incident IIRC? I remember it pretty well, and as an Englishman it was hard for me to want the French to win, but up until that point, I genuinely did - He'd had a long and great career with France, overcome a lot of racism etc, but he totally spoilt his legacy that day.

Cheers,
    Ian

25. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    Well, I can see different opinions.
    But I'm impressed that first class football players all over del world are supporting Luis because the sanction was out of proportion. Gerrard, the captain of the English team is supporting Luis, Chiellini sent a letter telling the incident was not important and supporting Luis and a lot more.
    And it's difficult to argue if you think the hit with the elbow of Neymar to Modric is part of the game or an accident.
    Or maybe the reason is that this "animal" sent the English team home with 2 "bites"?
    To close my participation in this thread: never in the World Cup history England won over
    Uruguay, not even in their home World Cup. That one they won with a goal that didn't exist.
    Alvaro