2014 Hunting Thread | FerrariChat

2014 Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nativetroy, Sep 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Figured I would start one to see if anyone else had much going on. Got some good long weekends planned, but no big trips this year. Gained access to a 40 acre spot I've wanted to hunt for a while. Set up a stand for archery in an intersection of three crossings and a creek through a cypress swamp.
    Have a couple public land spots while I wait for the season up north, and two trips planned for Ga. We will see what happens.

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #2 FarmerDave, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just marked two weekends on the calendar on family's ranch that straddles coryell and lampasas counties here in Texas. It might not be fair to call it hunting, the past couple of years I'd describe it more accurately as harvesting, there are so many deer and I know the traffic patterns so well now.

Of course ^I just jinxed myself ^

I might get down to south Texas for a weekend as well.

Here's a pic of the Lampasas land... "TURKEY LEG!" If you follow the power lines you'll see a bunch of whitetail in the distance several hundred yards away. This year I may try a treestand deep in a pecan grove to make it challenging.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    #3 willwork04, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    I have been out dove hunting a couple of times this year. Looking forward to teal season opening up this weekend. Also headed to South Dakota in October and November. The pheasant numbers are looking great so far.

4. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I have a " harvest " spot as well. But I've been trying to challenge myself and put one on the wall. So I save that for the filling the freezer. Mostly hunt family property with some public land thrown in.
    Will, that sounds awesome. I grew up bird hunting for doves, snipe, and quail. Hard to find good fields around here now with all of the developments, but there are some left. Do have a good lookin spot for some wood ducks later.