Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice and the NFL. Just a rant | FerrariChat

Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice and the NFL. Just a rant

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 360Tom, Sep 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    How many of you hear like to corporal punish your children. I'm sure most of us grew up in the age where you get smacked or swatted by your parents. I've had a few wooden pasta spoons broken over me...
    But there is a very fine line between discipline your child and straight out abusing it.
    It's taken to a entirely new level with Adrian Peterson. Now don't get me wrong, I know most ball players are pretty formally educated. Even the most athletes seem to just skate through school with no real effort or work on their part. But in that minuscule time they spent in school, are you telling me they aren't bright enough to determine what discipline is vs abuse?

Peterson, at 217 lbs armed with a stick vs his 4 y/o child. Hmm what could go wrong? This child was straight up beaten out of anger, not out of discipline. This is a clear child abuse case, but once again, due to their status, the NFL is looking the other way. Ray Rice was released from the Ravens for knocking out his fiancé at the time in an elevator. That was a good call from the team. Although let's not talk about the stupidity of this women for still marrying him. Like most women like her, they like abusive men. So in the end, hope the money's worth it for her. Cause they sure as he'll don't look happy.. Lol

When as a society are we going to say enough a enough. What is so damn important about theses people that we give them breaks for crimes committed when the rest of the country would be tried for something like this? In today's day and age, there are plenty of upcoming kids that can easily replace these complete irresponsible and negligent athletes. Youcan thanks the commissioners of their sports for this unruly and hainous behavior. Without consequence, there is no motivation for these guys to act like adults. The fact the NFL is letting Peterson play without even so much as a slap on the wrist is appalling.

Than guys like Bush comes out to defend Peterson. bush claiming he is always disciplining his daughter. His daughter is 1 y/o. What discipline does a 1 y/o have? Most are lucking if they are walking or drooling all over. Let alone a 4 y/o? These are little kids being molded into this devious and disrespectful behavior. That's the different between a good parent a piece of crap like these. A real parent will be involved with their kids and explain to them why thing are wrong and how not to make the same mistakes. It's called molding your kids. In stilling fear by punishment does not create a healthy environment for kids.

Does anyone else feel that we need to stop giving these hall passes to these guys? Do you feel Peterson should be suspended or just put I jail? I'd say jail for a nice timly stay.

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They should be sentenced and treated the same way regular citizens are....but of course that will never happen.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Don't blame solely the NFL. These guys have been getting a pass, often since high school.

Pro sports need to toss a few of these guys for life and the rest will get their minds right.

Rice would still be getting a pass if the unedited version of the tape had not become public. These guys are no different than race horses to the team owners and the league. It's all about the money. In my opinion Michael Vic should have been tossed out too. He's back breeding dogs, it just hasn't become a big story.

4. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    I am astonished at the speed and willingness by people to indict an entire genre.

Treat and punish them individually. Don't break an entire institution.

Kai

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Who's advocating that? I am unaware of anyone wanting to punish all of pro sports or all of football.

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Agreed.

It appears Peterson went beyond basic punishment, and may have punched or hit another son in the face. It's wrong anyway it's sliced.

What I don't want to see happen is parents that spank there kids or use belts for a spanking be punished for their form of parenting. It may not be normal to some, but to those of us in the South spankings with a switch or belt is about as normal as a peanut butter sandwich. I was never spanked, but my parents were both spanked by hand, belts and swithes, so were most of my relatives. I witnessed it countless of times. It's not something I will do if I have kids one day, but I'm sure I'll give a swift pop on the butt.

I think outside of the obvious there are other questions that need to be raised: Who is going after the NFL specifically? Will the black community (the Jesse Jackson's of the US) take to task that there is a problem in the black community? Someone needs to say it.

7. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    The NFL is a business...a very BIG business. Anything that impacts the bottom line is important.

Players are going to learn that anything that embarrasses the league or the team can be expensive. A pundit on the NFL channel predicted that Peterson will not play for the Vikings again. Too many sponsors complaining. The legal system will not return a verdict until December or January. And if appealed will last longer.

I suspect the contracts have clauses that preclude improper and/or illegal behavior. Such is life.

Best

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #8 TexasF355F1, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unfortunately, this is what's it's about.

The Minnesota Vikings didn't pull Peterson until the sponsors withdrew their support from the Vikings.....

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    With most of these athletes, this above the law attitude starts at the college level. It's funny how they have no accountability. This has been the general downward spiral of our society. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. They want to blame everyone else.

12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I will ask this, and you can indict me as being an ********* or a racist, but why is it
    98% of the folks arrested in pro sports are black?

I mean, you can't help but notice that. I don't see many white players in the
    news for all the wrong reasons.

Why is it NO sports 'reporter' wants to discuss that?