carmelo anthony | FerrariChat

carmelo anthony

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Dec 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    last summer melo had a choice to either sign a max $ deal with knicks or leave for less in Chicago. he knows ny is retooling and will not be good for at least 1 or two years. Chicago is a ready made title contender that is lacking exactly what he provides.

I don't remember money exactly but say 6 years of $25m in ny vs 4 yrs of $20m in Chicago. he chooses ny and says because his family is settled here, he loves msg, blah blah. obviously, he stayed only because of the money. last week espn interviews him and he says it had nothing to do with the money. all he cares about is being a winner. I cant stand such blatant bs

now that the team is having a historically bad season, he is getting all the blame. and he is feuding with teammates. what did he expect? despite being a long time knicks fan I am disgusted with their awful play but at least I can enjoy seeing him reap what he sowed

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What's the old line - when they say it ain't about the money, it's all about the money! :)

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Even better now. Hes out for tonites destruction via spurs for chronic knee soreness. Drs say its a question of how much pain he can play.thru. he says i dont want surgery

Translation. You want to blame me, ill sit out. You keep blaming me and ill have surgery

Only the knicks

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Haven't followed NBA this season, but some wacky records - 2 wins for Philly, 2 losses for GS, Lakers in last, etc. At least my fave team - Grizzlies seem to be doing well!

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's not about the money; it's about the things you can buy with the money. :)

6. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are completely unwatchable. No chemistry and absolutely nothing to root for. It's a very dark time for sports in NY.

7. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    fixed

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im a huge ny sports fan and am surviving this debacle by actually rooting against my teams. its not so bad. pulled hard for jets to loose last week but they tied it up at last second to go to ot. im upset but that only lasts few minutes as they promptly lost. enjoyed spurs 3rd team crushing knicks last night too.
    try it, its fun!

9. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol..I do take on that mentality with every team but the Giants. I just can't root against them ever, even though I know we would be better off losing every game this season. I swore off the Mets after their collapse a few years ago, the Knicks are horrid and the Yankees are entering a long dark period of time. As for the Jets, I've always hated them and nothing gives me more pleasure then to see them in complete disarray.

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    unfortunately my father was a Namath fan and he passed the affliction on to me. been suffering ever since.

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NO, not the Mets!!! They need your support more than ever! Give 'em a couple of years - Harvey comes back to anything close to previous form, I think we are a on the cusp of something good.

I swore off the Jets & indeed NFL after the move to the swamps of Jersey! I picked up the Cowboys when I moved to Dallas, but I afford myself the luxury of being a fair weather fan.

BTW, there is a good core of F-chat/NFL enthusiasts. Good conversations, insight, etc. It has definitely increased my enjoyment of NFL this season (that and Dallas doing generally well!) to talk sports with the folks on here…T

12. leggs

leggs Karting

Apr 5, 2007
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Full Name:
    Matthew Rapoport
    If he can win a title in NY, how much is that worth? Kinda like Lebron going back to Cleveland. It's the first year with Phil and the triangle. They need to get the appropriate pieces, so it's going to be a couple of years before we will know if it is going to work.

13. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Supporting the Mets only leads to total heartbreak. I'm sure the vaunted pitching staff that's going to be there next season will take some kind of disastrous hit of injuries. I actually played college baseball with their head trainer, so I understand the care that they are going to get lol. I'm just jaded from years of misery with them. Sometimes when I close my eyes at night I still see Beltran taking called strike three in game 7.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yeah that 3rd strike was killer. im yankee fan but pulled for mets that series. figures

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Man, why the heck did you have to mention Beltran!! To make it even more annoying after the Mets ditched his worthless butt, to have to listen to talking head announcers drone on about what a clutch post-season performer he was. Beeswax! If he had just swung the bat wildly, like a lumberjack attacking a redwood, rather than sitting there like a pile of dog poop baking in the Texas sun, I could have accepted that. And, after Endy Chavez made that awesome catch?!? How could we lose? Carlos Fruitcaking Beltran, that's how!!! Thanks, Mike, you just saved me having to buy a double espresso at Starbucks…T

16. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lmao..sorry. Chavez catch would be one of the greatest in history if they had won that game.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It's OK. Like you said, being a Met fan prepares you for a lifetime of heart break - 2000 WS, 1973 WS, most of late 70's and early 80's, the early 90's, Strawberry, Gooden, trading Seaver…Dang, I'm harshing my own mellow! Oh well, pitchers and catchers report in a mere 2 months, Spring returns, Ferrrari come out of hibernation, the Cowboys will be SB champs, and, the Knicks, alas, they'll probably still stink. Maybe Beyonce can buy the Knicks…T

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Carmelo is the 2nd most overrated basketball player in the NBA today right after Kobe.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Man, I have been ignoring NBA while NFL is going and 'boys are doing well - but I was shocked how cruddy Lakers are doing this year. I heard on news that Magic said that they should lose all their games and get a high draft choice! Sounds like a good plan; they can draft the young man from the Congo by way of Texas & China - Mudiay!

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Lakers predicted to be bottom dweller from the summer. But they will manage to rise again while knx stay horrible until j dolan sells team

21. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The stories about the Knicks just keep getting worse. My friend has 2 court side seats and he can't give away the weeknight games.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    2 courtside seats? my condolences as theyre pretty expensive. about $2000 each?

now reports are talking about trading melo since his max deal is guaranteed. all he has to do is wave no trade clause. I would take him if I was chi, Toronto, etc. knicks should get back expiring contracts and lots draft picks. sensible thing to do but will never get done since owner dolan is only reason they signed him last year and will never give him up. I hate dolan

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The Knicks should trade melo for Jeremy Lin

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Didn't Lin start with Knicks? Why didn't they keep him? No cap room at the time?

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ha ha
    they got rid of lin bc melo didn't like him
    that 2 week run with lin was most fun knicks fans had in 25 yrs