Australian Open | FerrariChat

Australian Open

Discussion in 'Sports' started by --cresko--, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. --cresko--

--cresko-- Karting

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Maybe I overlooked a previous thread, but I'm quite surprised not to see any postings on the Open. The quarters are shaping up to be very entertaining. The biggest upset so far being Federer. And the most anticipated quarterfinal; Nadal vs Berdych to take place tomorrow. Djokovic, Raonic, Nishikori and Wawrinka all playing tonight/early tomorrow morning. And the Women's side is playing out beautifully, with my 'soon to be' fiancé Bouchard taking on Sharapova tomorrow. Enjoy!

2. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Tennis threads don't usually get a ton of attention here for some reason.

Fed going out was the biggest upset on the mens side, but it didn't shock me all that much. I am surprised he lost to Seppi, but not shocked he lost early.

Every time I tune in to watch, they show nothing but women's matches, even if it is a blow out.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Rafa the asspicker's asslickers are wretched sickos.

Hope Venus keeps her game and head together. Chance she can meet her Sis, and smoke her in 3.

Looking forward to Stan The Man vs. Kei Nishikori - I try to get juice on BH and FH swings of each, respectively, with grace of Fed, but DJoker is a machine & may very well net AO #5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Federer wrecked our office ladder. Now I'd put money on Nishikori.

I'm looking forward to Nadal vs Berdych.

OT: During the 2014 US Open I was having dinner at Sakagura, and Nishikori walked in. This was before he did well, but all the other Japanese in the restaurant knew who he was.

Matt

5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I am a big fan of Nishikori, but I don't think he will make the finals. I am expecting Djoker v Nadal in the finals. (I would love for Berdych to beat Nadal though)

6. --cresko--

--cresko-- Karting

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Warwinka match was awesome. Looking forward to Nadal playing tonight, should pan out to be a solid 5 set match.

7. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    So glad to see Anal crushed in 3 :D

8. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Didn't see that one coming. Nadal lost in straights and was bageled in the 2nd.

So one Semi is set Berdych vs Murray. Both should be pretty fresh for that match.

9. --cresko--

--cresko-- Karting

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Unbelievable, Nadal definitely didn't look himself, looked really tense and uncomfortable.

Warwinka and Nishikori (should be really entertaining), and Raonic and Djokovic to follow.

Im sensing a Murray Djoker final here.

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think the Murray Berdych semi could be really good. I think that one will come down to whoever is playing better that day.

Nadal obviously wasn't 100% match ready, but Berdych also looked really good.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    How's Sharapova look? (tennis-wise; she always looks good!) I see that she is in the final four…T

12. --cresko--

--cresko-- Karting

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Sharapova is look really healthy and relaxed this tournament. She absolutely dominated Bouchard last night, but then again Serena is an absolute beast, its going to be interesting.

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I don't follow tennis closely. Mostly, Sharapova as she is a Porsche brand ambassador and I drive a Porsche, but am always impressed by the Williams sisters. They seem to have been dominant for a very long time in the women's game.

When I just checked out ausopen.com a few mins ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see Martina Hingis' name in the q-finals of mixed doubles. I always admired her, and good to see her coming back after all of her injury woes…T

14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Serena decided to show up for her first set today..

15. --cresko--

--cresko-- Karting

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Well its set; Djokovic vs. Murray. Both players are looking extremely solid, I have my fingers crossed for a 5 hour 5 set blood bath. Enjoy!

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    And, Sharapova vs. Serena in women's final. I'm going for brand loyalty (Porsche) over country loyalty in this clash!

17. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Serena *may* have flu, apparently skipped a practice. Hope she still crushes the witch's dreams of an actual win.

Wonder if Murray's fiancée will pop off to DJoker's entourage, en route to win.

18. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Serena was having coughing fits earlier in the week. I thought it was just a cold. I want Sharapova to beat her, but I am hoping for a decent match above all.

19. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yay, Serena.

20. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Does anyone else like Madison Keys for future tournaments?

She's only 19, which is quite young.

Matt

21. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Oh, she's got a well rounded game that could eclipse Singles Open records. Not a one-trick pony by any stretch & puts ATP-worthy heat on ball at right times and places. WTA in 2017 is going to have every match viewable & if she stays in good mental/physical health, she'll be The One to watch (along with her giant, chattering teeth), as she could get the Golden Slam.

22. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I agree, Wax.

Matt