NFL 2015 | FerrariChat

NFL 2015

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheBigEasy, Feb 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    It's amazing how the NFL does such a good job now of staying in the news during the offseason.

Looks like they figured out a way to sweep deflategate under the rug at least. Same strategy as getting Goodell out of the Ray Rice videotape drama... push the story out a few months for an "independent investigation" and release the findings once nobody cares anymore.

Also, more talk of a team (or two) moving to Los Angeles in order to extort their current city taxpayers out of more stadium money. Personally I like the Chargers in SD but would like the see the Raiders back in LA as there is already a Bay Area team and the because Raiders already have a fanbase there.

2. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  3. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    I thought the Rams to LA was a done deal, no?

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nope. That was never official. I think it was because the rams owner bought land made it appear official.

I believe I heard earlier today that there could be some issues with the land location and LAX flight path.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I read one story that implied that this was to extract more moolah from St Louis. Another thread on here mentioned that given the price of this land that it's only pay off two teams shared it on alternating weekends, kind of like Jets and Giants do...T

6. FarFerDriver

FarFerDriver Rookie

Feb 22, 2015
    I agree, it's pretty much become a year round thing now. The combine & draft really help I think. The non-guaranteed contracts probably make free agency more interesting too, even if it really shafts the players.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

NFL is smart at keeping interest going all year with OTAs, The Draft, Combine, training camp and then preseason games. Just enough to keep the hibernating fan on life support! I wish MLB did a bit more during off-season....T

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Man...so is there a Dez Bryant video or not?

9. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Don't know much about this. Work has been super busy the last few weeks. It's seriously cutting into my sports viewing and reading! I've also heard nothing about negotiations with Murray….T

11. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Actually no one knows anything right now except vehicles belonging to dez Bryant were in the parking lot and dez is n not named by the woman involved.

Everything is pure speculation at this point. And really there is such little info is unfair to speculate. And this happened in 2011.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

It's the slow season - after combine and before draft - speculation, rumor and innuendo is all we have! At least until baseball season starts in earnest. :)
    T

13. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Houston looks screwed for 2015 already...

Andre Johnson released, now signed by division rival Colts... and now Jadeveon Clowney gets his arm mauled by a dog?? He's like the NFL's Derrick Rose.

Oh, and still no QB.

14. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I can't keep up with all the 49ers news. It's traumatizing.

Nearly all new coaching staff
    Gore to Colts
    Mike Iupati to Cardinals
    Willis and Justin Smith retiring
    Bruce Miller arrested for spousal battery
    Rumor is Crabtree will sign elsewhere

....and now it's being reported as I type this the Seahawks are trading for Jimmy Graham?

Ouch.

15. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Oh and Demarco Murray has removed "Cowboys" from his Twitter page, so interpret that as you will.

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    First of all, Andre is flying to Indianapolis to meet with the Colts this evening. He has not signed anything nor has anyone reported he's signed. Where did you hear that?

And Clowneys arm was bit, not mauled by Sweringgers dog. It was extremely minor and only went to the hospital as a precaution, and all dog bites thst come into the hospital must be reported to the police.

Calm down a bit and quit reading whatever sources you're reading because they're pretty bad.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

He taking the Michael Vick route and fighting them?. He is a clown. How long before someone is declared an official draft bust?. T

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Whew! In the Clowney universe, that's pretty non-bizzaro! ;)
    T

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If I was more savvy on social media, I'd know what that means. ;) Does this mean he no longer loves The Cowboys? I kind of feel sorry for him, the current NFL has so marginalized RBs that a generation ago he could write his own ticket, salary-wise. From my seat in the peanut gallery, it seems the 'boys are more focused on retaining Dez, making Dez happy, etc. and DM is a secondary concern….T

20. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What do folks think of the Bradford-Foles trade between Rams and Eagles?….T

p.s. Just saw that Saints trading (thinking of trading?) Jimmy Graham. They going into rebuilding mode?

22. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I can't figure out what Chip Kelly is doing. He jettisoned McCoy and now Foles and doesn't seem to get a big ROI in the immediate future. Unless he has some kind of genius draft day strategy to retool with younger players, I think this is a stupid decision.

Rams get a good player though....

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I thought last year that the Rams were a few key ingredients away from ring competitive, QB being one of them. I think this is a major upgrade for them.

Who knows what Kelly's deal is. He seems like half coach, half svengali. That stuff works fine in college, but I'd guess wears pretty thin with pro players?

Stephen A. Smith said it was racist, or that's what the headline I saw said! SAS is always trying to drum up controversy, so who knows. This is the story. Have not read it yet.

ESPN?s Stephen A. Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly?s roster moves | ProFootballTalk

T

24. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    "Distancing himself from the team" is what has been reported. I dunno how to really interpret that. Throwing a fit so he gets re-signed and more money? Indicating he is going to bolt elsewhere?

Who knows.

25. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's a bunch of bull**** to get hits.

Local morning radio host Nick Wright went through just about every move Chip Kelly has made as a coach and hes made all sorts of moves. This has more to do with Riley still being there. People need to move on.