2015 NFL Draft | FerrariChat

2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Apr 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Am I the only guy on earth that doesn't think Marriota or Winston are
    that great of QB's - they are certainly NOT franchise-type QB's?

If it was me I'd be taking that Dante Fowler guy, he's a beast.

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Yes you're the only one.

And please spell Mariota right. Give some respect to a young man who is not a rapist, thief and embarrassment to his college.

Listen to his Heisman acceptance speech again.

He will be governor of our state one day if he delivers on his potential I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1jJvOcb_lk

3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    #3 Surfah, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let's revisit this thread in a few years Whisky.

Might cut you some slack and assume you had a little too much of your namesake when you started this inane thread.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hahaha Skins. OT ain't gonna fix RG3.

Carr ecstatic in Oaktown.

5. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    We needed a line then we can scrap rg3

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    How you passed on Leonard Williams is beyond me.

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #7 Whisky, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    I may be the only one that thinks this way, but if
    you don't like the topic, you should have just skipped it -
    I do that on threads all the time.
    And misspelling his name was unintentional, but if you
    want to beat me up for it, please go ahead, I promise
    I will get over it, you should see and hear the people
    destroy MY last name.

Lots of guys make great speeches, maybe he will do well, and
    maybe not, but I think the media went waay overboard on
    both of these guys.

8. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Carr has an awesome 'coach' in his brother David, who was
    a really good QB with NO tools around him, and who got the
    krap beat out of him, I think he still leads with the QB being
    sacked the most.

And RGIII is in 'survival' mode - you'll never see him run
    the way he did his rookie season.

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I still think RG3's issue - apart from injuries - is that the league adjusted to his style, and he has not adjusted his game in return. You see this with young batters/pitchers who come out of the gate flying, and then when their weaknesses are exploited more fully, they falter. The great ones adapt, many do not. I think RG3 has the innate physical talent to excel at QB, whether that will be possible in DC, with his current cadre of teammates, etc. I do not know…T

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    NP brosef. If you were from a small state in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, you might have a small chip on your shoulder too. I was busy at work, not sleeping well, a little cranky and very passionate along with the rest of my state, didn't mean to come across as incendiary.

Anyhow, Titans fan now.

And my Boys got Collins. Projected top 15 pick. Paternity test negative.

Even with Hardy, we aren't as bad as the SF Felon-Niners LMAO.

Kaepernick, Smith, McDonald now Brooks! Hahahaha hate that team with a passion.

No Harbaugh, no Willis, no Gore. NFC West. So f-cked.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You can't win in today's NFL w/o a QB. You can lose with a good one, but you need a very good/great one IMO to have a shot at championships, which after gassing with people here on F-chat, I think I have come around to their way of thinking - stats are nice, but winning the SB is what puts you among the holiest of the holies in the sporting universe.

I think to some extent you have to take a flyer on a decent QB (not saying Winston & Mariota are decent/great/bad, but they were considered the best among their draft crop) as opposed to a "once in a lifetime" anything else.

I think also teams tend to not want to think too outside the box at the top of the draft. Let's face it, they usually got to pick # 1, # 2, etc. by not being the greatest, on the field or in the front office. Similar thinking shows up in the NBA (you can't teach someone to be 7 ft tall), MLB (pitchers picked over fielders) drafts. Of course, this logic leads to Michael Jordan getting picked # 3. Think Portland would like a do-over & pick Jordan rather than Sam Bowie. And, recall how the Twins were lambasted for picking Joe Mauer over Mark Pryor. Betcha the Cubs wish the Twins had done the obvious thing & picked Pryor.

I just hope these youngsters can play, free from injury, get a fair shake of seeing if they can be the next Joe Montana or Jamarcus Russell. Just my 2 cents….T

12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Spread offense QB, yesterday's news. So passe. Saw the pronounced change in Winston vs. Mariota.

Big 10 was ridiculed 2 years ago. 2016 may see 3 QBs go in 1st two rounds. Penn St. QB Hackenberg legit. Michigan St. QB Cook legit. Cardale Jones' record speaks for itself. He saw more playoff time than some 1st string NCAA QBs see in their career.

Spread is dead. NFL defenses adapt faster than cockroaches with pesticide. Mariota has the skill to take snaps under center and be a leader in the huddle. No worries.