Stupid NFL TV rules | FerrariChat

Stupid NFL TV rules

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Sep 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Why does the NFL stick with the stupid rules that LA has to see every San Diego Charger game?

No one in LA gives a crap about the Chargers. You never see anyone with a "go Chargers!" banner or bumper sticker. I think if the Chargers were in the Super Bowl people in LA would still root for other team.

Yes and years of pushing the Chargers into the LA market and no one ever talks about them, knows their record, cares about who plays for them, etc, etc.

Why can't they just give LA the best match ups that day and forget this nonsense?

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Would you prefer to watch the Raiders?

:p

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's pretty strange. Is the NFL ever going to put a team in the second biggest market?
    T

4. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Probably the same reason that CT only gets Patriots, Jets, & Giants games over & over & over... (ad nauseum). Give me a good game not "local" teams I couldn't care less about.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Hated that growing up in NYC, especially after both teams abandoned the city for the swamps. Didn't help Jets & Giants usually stunk...T

6. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    When the Raiders left L.A., the Chargers gained possession of the L.A. TV market.

The L.A. market belongs to the Chargers now. And as a Chargers fan, I couldn't be happier.

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes - especially when they beat teams like Baltimore as they did today

8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #8 PhilNotHill, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    I recommend getting the RedZone...no commercials and they show every team/game on Sunday day. 7 hours of football. They show when a team is in the red zone or when there is a big play. Sometimes you watch 4 games at once. They replay every touchdown after all the games are over. 75 last Sunday.

We did not even get a second game in Colorado to watch. Just the early game. Denver played last Thursday.

When Denver plays on Sunday day I go to RedZone during Denver commercials and other stoppage time.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    PNH... You watch that on DirecTV or stream on a smart phone?
    T

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Comcast aka Xfinity cable

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

+1 I'm big on Raiders & Jax this year. They ain't gonna be great, but I do not think they'll be the pushovers they were last year...T