SuperBowl 50 | FerrariChat

SuperBowl 50

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SCFerrari, Jan 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Who's going?

Geeez, tickets are 5k? Or a box for 450K .... I guess it's pretty much all corporate sponsored at this day and age... Or hijacked by modern day scalper businesses...At least we have a good venue in SC to see it.... No trip this year... Even though I bet it will be an awesome show..

Go Panthers !

2. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    I don't think this is going to be a good game at all. I feel sorry for Manning. It's not going to be pretty.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Two former SEC quarterbacks going at it. Youth & exuberance vs. old age & treachery? Maybe Peyton can pull a rabbit out from his helmet.....

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I have the best Superbowl seat...right in front of our 60" TV.

For $5k l can get an extension of my 458 extended warranty. For $450k l can get a 488 or F12 and have some $ left over. ;)

5. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Feel sorry for Peyton? Heard he has made $250 MILLION in compensation over his career PLUS endorsements, etc. He wants to win another Superbowl. He wants to play. You can't win if you don't play.

6. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    It will be interesting to see if Cam can handle the defense. He has seen nothing yet. If they can fluster Brady, they will terrorize Cam.
    If each team scores below 24 points Broncos will win.

Kai

7. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    Just saying, it's a good thing Denver has a defense. Payton has struggled in his wins. Carolina has been dominating.

Brady has no mobility. It will be completely different with Cam.

8. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Yep,defense will have to respect the run,,,,the backs run(they're pretty good,and don't like being tackled..unlike Hillman),the uh quarterback runs a lot and will stiff arm a linebacker ,,he's pretty strong,and then there's the option they play around with...gonna cause a lotta respect...even if he's lining up nekkid,shotgun,he can still run,has in the past will in the future.
    Sure,D's defense is good..but they got problems with this guy. ... And team.
    And oh,how many receivers caught passes? I never saw a total...was it eight? Nine? Idk...
    Poor Carson,second best player on panters team in that game...wish him well in the offseason..hope he doesn't go all Delhomme on his position,really.
    Cheers,RE

9. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #9 PhilNotHill, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    HOW BRONCOS' COACHING RETREADS BEAT PATS
    A master of the blitz flummoxed Tom Brady by doing the opposite, and a master of the zone running game squeezed just enough out of Peyton Manning. It was masterful, Bill Barnwell writes. Kubiak and Phillips. ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Not to mention shorter lines for the can and cheaper, better snacks! :)
    T

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Just checked Ticketmaster, equivalents for my regular season seats at Levi's are asking $7700 to $11,200. :eek:

According to some Levi's season ticketholders who have knowledge of the ticket allocations for the SB, the odds of winning the host team lottery are going to be about 1:150 to 1:200 for regular season ticketholders!

12. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I'm just curious how Denver will play the read option. Carolina's defense probably gets a lot of practice against Cam and the offense at practice, but I don't think Denver has played many, if any, teams this season who run the read option. Most of their opponents haven't had very mobile qbs either. Plus, Carolina's offensive line is probably a couple notches above New England's.

I think the biggest issue for Denver will be moving the ball on offense. Carolina gave up some good runs to ARZ's Johnson, but the game was so far out of hand by that point that they were mostly playing pass. However, at least in the early stages of the game, I wonder how Denver will move the ball because Carolina's pretty stout against the run, especially when Thomas Davis plays (not that the backup LB doesn't have experience), and Kurt Coleman has been victimizing opposing qbs who throw lollipops down the field all season.

Should be an interesting game...in some ways it feels completely like the DEN vs SEA super bowl, and in some ways it feels completely different.

13. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Mobile or not, Brady had zero protection from that inept OL. Von Miller got to Brady untouched and they made no adjustment. Most likely because there was nothing they could do.

Carolina has a much better line, so hoping for a good game.

14. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    When looking at the game on paper, looks like Carolina wins this one with their eyes closed, similar to NE in the first Giants-Pats Superbowl....but look how that turned out. Nobody in the world gave the Giants a chance in that game, not even the loyalist of loyal Giants' fans.

If Denver is going to pull this off, it will have to be a ridiculous game plan, especially on defense. Phillips came up with a masterful gameplan vs Tom Brady, and the Denver D played lights out....but Carolina's o line is 100x better than NE's

15. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I think it will be an interesting game. Carolinas defensive line just collapses the opposing offensive line and it will be something Manning will have to get ready for. Denvers defense is really good, but Carolinas offense is really physical, and can pound the ball down any teams throat, or they can have Cam scramble or stand in the pocket and throw it.

16. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Line holding at Carolina - 4.5 although reports are 65% of the action on Caro to cover...so expect the line to move. My guess is line will go to -6. O/U 45.
    I'll be watching Honeymooners reruns

17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  18. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Omaha! Omaha!

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In 1998 Denver was 12 point underdogs to Green Bay. The NFC was dominant , had won 13 consecutive Superbowls, and nobody in the world thought Denver was going to win.

In 2007 the Patriots were 18-0 heading into the Superbowl. The Giants had the 27th ranked defense, and nobody in the world thought the Giants would win.

Is this year going to be line those two years? Or is it going to look like the 55-10 beat down the Niners put on Denver in 1990, or the 43-8 thrashing the Seahawks put on Denver 2 years ago.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think/hope it'll be close. After watching the last few Cats games, Denver D brain trust has to be cooking up a plan to slow the Cats down. Especially at the outset. If Cats get off to a good start, it'll be all over & ugly IMO...T

21. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    line now 6. Tom, if Carolina gets, say 10 points down in first quarter we will have a real test of Cam's leadership and talent

22. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    #23 BubblesQuah, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I'd like to see that. Something to keep it interesting. I don't think petition in his current state would be able to bring them back from too far behind...T

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Oh my! 😳
    T