NBA Finals 2017 | FerrariChat

NBA Finals 2017

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Jun 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    This has been the most boring basketball regular season and playoffs I can ever remember. Does anyone think finals will be any better? I dont.

Maybe cavs steal 1st game on road and makes it seem like will be competitive but gsw will blow them out every other game. Took a miracle for cavs to win last year and now dubs swapped their worst player in barnes for their best in Durant. Impossible.

Maybe durant goes back to okc as free agent once he gets his ring? Otherwise this will become terminally boring

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I don't really care, but would prefer the Cavs lose.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Why? Dont like lebron?

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree about the boring aspect.

NBA isn't what it used to be.

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im huge mj fan and feel he is goat of goats but i would like lebron to get another title. that should at least end the hate he seems to generate. lebron is best athlete of our generation and has handled his fame and fortune better than most. yes, 'the decision' was poorly done but he donated that $ to charity and i think durant going to gsw was worse.

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lebon is a man of great character. He is one of the all time NBA greats.

But, MJ, is still the king.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    +1!
    But Golden State looks tough to beat after last night's Game 1.
    GO CAVS!!!!

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    imo, mj is best athlete in any sport to ever live. need to compare him to Einstein, Picasso, Shakespeare, etc

having said that, could his bulls beat this gsw team? they are insane.

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's what they said last year (72-10 season)...especially after they had the Cavs down 3-1

But I get that this year is different because they have Durant.

They will be very tough to beat, but anything is possible.

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    IMO I think those Bulls teams would beat GS.

Would you (or anyone else in their right mind) bet against MJ in the Finals?

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just prefer GSW.

12. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I'd love to see LeBron win this one.

I've rooted for Steph and Golden State for years.... but the KD move and their attitudes in general this year are just begging for an embarrassment.

13. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Guy on the radio said it best: 'The Cavs are the Clippers - have all the pieces,
    just can't seem to make it work'.

But they are up against a team that arguably could start 4 of their guys on the
    NBA all-star team.

14. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I hate LaBron but I hate Golden State more............Just wish NBA had more excitement. Some of the earlier rounds of the playoffs were the best as when 2 teams like Utah and the Clippers played it was fun to watch. But any games involving the Cavs or the Warriors have been pretty lame over all (With a couple of exception games).

I do remember some years when the East battles were better than the Championship during MJ's time as well but at least you had some good hard knocks basketball.

15. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    If I weren't a GSW fan, I wouldn't watch. Hate LeBron and don't think he's the GOAT.

And yes, I agree MJ's Bulls would beat GS. He had a magical ability to literally WILL the win. The man was unstoppable.

16. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Last year GS finished a 73-9 regular season (I was at the 73 win game that was very memorable)
    However, I was Also at Game 7 of the NBA finals (that was even more memorable, but heartbreaking)

17. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Being up in the series 1-0, the Warriors are far from being confident for a championship.
    Last year GS was up 2-0 with both Blow-out wins ...and then look what happened...

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Pat Reilly said playoff series doesnt start until home team loses.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The Bulls would beat the Warriors. I don't consider it something that is up for debate. To me, it's like debating if 2+2=4 or 5. :)

It's a shame this year has been so boring...no parity in the league. I've always said the real NBA season doesn't start until the Playoffs...it still hasn't started and it's coming up to game 2 of the Finals tomorrow. I think the season won't start until the first elimination game in the finals...so game 4 at the earliest and game 7 the latest...

I feel this is just the NBA making up a fake rivalry for viewers...Durant going to GS was bad for the NBA. I haven't been this uninterested in the Finals since the Spurs-Pistons.

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    not so sure about 90s bulls vs 17 gsw. gsw might have a chance and it has nothing to do with 40 3pt shots either. I was a knick season ticket holder in 90s and saw a lot of bulls playoff games and their defense was what did it. pippen and mj would double team the dribbler and it was over. I saw something similar in gsw in game 1. their defense was equally intense. it would be lots of fun to watch, too bad it cant ever happen

21. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    What if the 2017 GSW were to somehow sweep the Cavs in the finals and then go 16-0 in the playoffs...where would this Team stand in the history books?

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That would be quite the accomplishment and will always be remembered. I would actually like for that to happen as I'm not really a fan of the Cavs (the owner and fanbase in particular after Lebron originally left...the players I don't mind that much).

It will always be difficult for people to compare eras let alone agree on the comparisons. We do it a lot in the F1 subforum. I know people will disagree with my statement about the Bulls and that's fine. I personally think the Bulls era was more competitive and style of play more well rounded and could better compete with teams of eras before and after theirs.

Hopefully we have a competitive series.

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    All time nba teams are fun to debate. 60s celtics, showtime lakers, birds celtics, bulls, spurs, and now these gsw have to be in conversation. If they sweep, they are right there near top. 2 time champions, 73 wins, and a playoff sweep! Those are big accomplishments

24. BluHorse

BluHorse Rookie

Jan 6, 2014
    Jordan never faced a team in the finals of the Spurs caliber that Lebron faced, let alone golden state. I believe all time the Spurs '13 and '14 rank higher then most of Jordan's teams. Jordan wouldn't win against this squad, but I'm a guy who also thinks that he wouldn't have won against Hakeem's rockets if he didn't retire. (I think he agrees with me - so do the records). Regardless; this debate mostly ended when Lebron lost to the mavs. Spurs and golden state are acceptable losses that Jordan would likely lose to as well but the mavs is inexcusable. I say this as a Cleveland/Lebron fan. lebrons legacy is set in that he's a top10 all time pretty easily and will most likely finish 2nd all time said and done.

If he somehow beats this golden state team (and everyone else will need to show up, obviously) Durants legacy is non existent. This is the greatest team ever most likely.

The person who said Jordan is the best athlete ever has to be joking though. I don't even think he's top3. Lebron and Bo Jackson are by far greater athletes then Jordan ever will be.
    Lebron could be a hofer likely in football.
    Jackson would've been a hofer in two sports or at the very least one.
    Jordan just messed around in minor leagues.

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    By best athlete of all time, I dont mean most versatile. I mean most dominant in their chosen sport. Imo mj was so superior to his competition that he dominated like no other. Hes goat of goats.

as a cavs fan, you should know lebron is a starter on all time nba team as best small forward of all time. Not top 10