Mayweather/McGregor | FerrariChat

Mayweather/McGregor

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Jul 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who will win?

1. McGregor

2. Mayweather

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Who will win, and how fast will it end?

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    You would have to be off your chops to put money against Mayweather in this one. :D

I predict a very easy night for FM, he will toy with Connor and win easily on points. ;)

3. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    McGregor doesn't stand a chance.

Mayweather knows how to win (and equally important, how to not-lose) against the very best boxers of his generation. The fight may last longer than many would predict, only because Maywather has nothing to prove.

Sure, there's always the chance of that "lucky punch" ... but given Mayweather's defensive skills (and record!), that chance is essentially zero.

4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I give McG a punchers chance. I don't expect him to win, or even think he has a mediocre chance, but if he can overwhelm FM with volume and stick him a few times with solid power shots, McG has a chance. McG will have to very effective use his reach and power, if he has the skills to do so...which is questionable/doubtful.

Mark

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thinking of going to Vegas :)

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What kind of poll is this? give me a choice. ;)

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Great summation of FM!

8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    +1

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Might be worth a $20 bet...

Mayweather vs. McGregor odds

The opening moneyline tabbed Mayweather as a huge favorite at -2,250 with McGregor at +950.
    It quickly dipped to -1,100 for Mayweather and +700 and the early wagers had the line down
    to -800 for Mayweather and +500 for McGregor. What does that mean? For the laymen,
    it means that a $100 bet on McGregor would win $500 plus the original wager back if he were to win.
    But in order to win $100 with a Mayweather victory, someone would have to place a wager of $800.

Mayweather vs. McGregor purse

UFC president Dana White previously stated Mayweather could pocket around $100 million for the fight,
    with McGregor hauling in around $75 million. That would be a record payday for McGregor.
    The pay-per-view is expected to gross around $475 million.

There have been odds out for months. Back on Feb.15, 5Dimes.eu opened Mayweather as a -850 favorite.
    By late March, the number peaked at -1100 (risk $1,100 to win $100). But when the fight was announced yesterday,
    the offshore website moved Mayweather to -950, then to -900 and then down to -650,
    where it was this morning (6/15). This left McGregor as a +475 underdog (risk $100 to win $475).

The total is 9.5 rounds (-135 for the ‘over;’ +105 to the ‘under’). Proposition bets for Mayweather to win by TKO/KO or DQ
    have -120 odds, while the number for him to win by decision is +120. Meanwhile, McGregor has 7/1 odds to win by TKO/KO or DQ.
    For McGregor to win in Round 1, a 40/1 return is available (risk $100 to win $4,000).

McGregor has never participated in an amateur or pro boxing match. With that said, his knockout power with four-inch gloves
    in the Octagon has been on full display for years. He has seven KOs in his nine career UFC victories.
    McGregor (74 inches) will enjoy a two-inch reach advantage over Mayweather (72 inches).

Also, youth (28-years-old) is on McGregor’s side compared to Mayweather (40-years-old).
    McGregor has been actively fighting as well, while Mayweather hasn’t fought since a unanimous-decision
    win over Andre Berto on Sept. 12 of 2015

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks for the update - I think the atmosphere in Vegas will be electric also tons of McGregor supporters are heading to Vegas :)

11. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    They always do. The Irish contingent here for his fights is insane. They're mostly harmless, but rowdy as hell, which makes for a fun fight atmosphere.

Mark

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Sweet :)

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    they're a lively bunch and can take a banter but I've been to many fights and seen a fair few scuffles in the crowd involving them, they are absolutely not to be messed with :D

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Fixed it fer ya.

15. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I think Mayweather lacks punching power, but if just remains a boxing skill fight.. Mayweather wins.... if McGregor lands some power punches... it might rattle Mayweather

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Cannot believe that people are actually lining up to pay US dollars for this.

This is the biggest boxing scam since Tyson Mcneeley back in the 90s! I think this tops it to be honest. LOL

17. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I know its a circus. I know McGregor doesn't have a shot against Mayweather in a boxing match. I know its all about the prefight theatrics, but damn it they got me. I just love McGregor. He is so much fun to watch. I'm buying the fight. Where can you get that much entertainment for so little? :)

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

How much is it?

That Pacquiao fight was also a total scam! Buyer's remorse everywhere! LOL

19. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Exactly! That's the right attitude, personally, I have never wanted to be scammed so badly :D ;)

20. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Shameless money grab.

It will "end" with a bunch of annoyed viewers that didn't see what they wanted. Same as the Manny Pacquiao fight.

Mayweather RUINED boxing..... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... only winner during his time was Dana White.

21. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Shameless money grab.

It will "end" with a bunch of annoyed viewers that didn't see what they wanted. Same as the Manny Pacquiao fight.

Mayweather RUINED boxing..... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... only winner during his time was Dana White.

22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

The complaining and whining over the scam will be loud. They should just go all out and fix the fight. Might as well. It would probably be more entertaining than if it is real. Have mcgregor or Mayweather pull out a fake knife and go for a stab. The other opponent slips the knife lunge and scores the knockout! LOL

23. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Can't wrap my head around why anyone would waste a plug nickel on this circus. Like the saying goes there's a sucker born every minute.

24. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Agreed.

I get-it that it's still big stage "entertainment".... but jeez, this reeks.

25. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I'd also point out (just as a I did with the Pac. fight) that Mayweather hasn't achieved a KO in over 10 years. His last KO was winter of 2005 LOL! So now it has been 12 years and hes over the hill LOL. Ortiz KO does not count.

Most boring fighter ever.