Turn signal blinker problem , please help! | FerrariChat

Turn signal blinker problem , please help!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by BOBAER, Jun 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOBAER

BOBAER Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2006
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hey guys,

Just picked up my 1995 F355B and the blinkers don't work. I checked the fuses and they seem to be fine. Strangley, the Hazards work and both blinekers flash when on, and I have tried cycling the hazards to try and kickstart the Blinkers but to no avail.

I also check for loose wiring under the steering column and everthing seems fine. Any one have any other ideas.

Any help is appreciated.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Did you check to see that the bulbs aren't burned out?

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I am a little lost here...... Do the blinkers/bulbs flash with the hazzards on??? But you cannot get the blinkers/bulbs to work when using the blinker arm/switch? Correct?

4. BOBAER

BOBAER Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2006
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My assumption is that the bulbs are the same for the Hazard flashers and they work. Also, when I turn on the blinkers, there is no noise in the car, nor does the dash indicate the bliners.

5. BOBAER

BOBAER Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2006
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Correct, the flashers work, but when in the car and using the arm switch for the blinkers, nothing happens.

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #6 PAP 348, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I just looked at my electrical diagram for the 348 and they use the same flasher-can for the hazzards/blinkers, so im sure they would use the same flasher-can for the hazzards/blinkers in the 355. So........maybe you have a issue with the blinker switch. Maybe a dirty/corroded or bad connection on the plug or contacts. Maybe its simply stuffed? Firstly, i would recheck the fuses and relays. If you are certain they are getting power and are working ok, then i would remove the steering column cowling and back probe the wires/plug going into the blinker switch, to see if its getting power also. If it is, then could be a faulty switch. :) Give that a go.
    The 1st pic- 33 is the blinker switch on the right and 86 is the flasher can on the left. Its easy to trace the wiring from there. Sorry i could not fit the whole diagram in here for you, it would have been too blurry to read.
    The 2nd pic- 208, 209, 210 are the relays for the hazzards and blinkers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. BOBAER

BOBAER Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2006
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hey, thanks alot I really appreciate the time and effort it took to look into this. I will go back and check the fuses ect. If I can't locate the problem that way, I will most likely take it in for service as I want to get my mechanics opinion on the overall state of the car and to change the fluids.

Thanks again.

8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Too easy friend. Hope its an easy fix for ya. :D

9. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    soetimes people hit the turn signal too hard and blow up the small contacts in the blinker switch. if the simple fixes do not work then you need to take the cover off the steering colum and fiddle with the blinker switch to see what is broken. you may need a new one or a used one. post back there FC'er have lots of spare parts.

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh man, I thought this was going to be my favorite 308 question (easily fixed by flipping the hazard switch). Don't know much about 355's though ;)