Go Back   FerrariChat.com > General Forums > Technical Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

Full Name: Verell Boaen
OK, I've gone thru all the orders, turns out there are now 2 kits remaining.
Turns out I had 2 peoplemwr4440 & DMaury) down for kits who just wanted the tool to go with the kits they've already got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt500blue View Post
Awesome. Thank you! I will paypal tonight.
Thanks,
GT
gt500blue,
I'm reserving a fuel line kit + insertion tool for you, is this correct?
Not sure if I've received your payment & just aren't tyeing the name & Fchat username together, or if I Haven't rcvd payment yet. Don't think I"ve received it as I haven't seen a TX shipping address in the PayPal notifications.

Pls eMAIL me & clarify.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark W.R.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verell View Post
OK, I've gone thru all the orders, turns out there are now 2 kits remaining.
Turns out I had 2 peoplemwr4440 & DMaury) down for kits who just wanted the tool to go with the kits they've already got.

gt500blue,
I'm reserving a fuel line kit + insertion tool for you......
Verrel,

What do I owe you for the tool and any other goodies I have been remiss in paying you for? Sorry......

mwr4440
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 AM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

CIS Insertion Tool April orders cut-off: 6:00 PM EDT TODAY

I'm counting orders received as of 6:00 PM EDT tonight & cutting maple.
I'll start a couple extra in case I blow a setup, but there may not be any extra when I'm finished.
If I haven't received your payment as of this deadline, then you'll most likely have to wait untill I get enough orders to runoff some more.

To order the tool, See the amount in post #32, & adapt the ordering instructions in post #1, using
"ORDER: Qty 1 CIS Insertion Tool"
in the PayPal notes subject.
If you're sending a check or MO, then send email w/same SUBJECT:
Old 04-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: GT
Verell,

I have already received the plastic fuel lines. I simply need the tool. I have sent you two private messages. Bottom line is that my paypal account was low and I just transferred the funds to it from my checking account. They are telling me it will take 48 hours for the transfer. Please be assured that I will pay you ASAP, just like the fuel lines.

Bottom line: I have the fuel lines already from you. That should leave you with another set of lines for someone else.

I need the insertion tool only and will submit payment as soon as the account funds are there.

Thanks for your patience and continued dedication to all of us on Fchat!

John
GT500Blue
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Oh, and Verell, I DO have 20 meters of the 6 X 2 line that came in finally that I had tracked down before I saw you were making kits. What ever is left over I'll ship to you and that way more folks can get their kits. I have no need of it.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Lou Staller
Verell, I sent payment via Paypal a few days ago for lines and tool. Did you receive it? Did I make it in time to get one of the last April orders? Thanks
Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
F1 Rookie
Project Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou staller View Post
Verell, I sent payment via Paypal a few days ago for lines and tool. Did you receive it? Did I make it in time to get one of the last April orders? Thanks
Same question here ... can you please confirm ?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Guido
Hello,

I just reed a Bosch-manual for K-jetronic installations. Make shure the injector-line lengths must be the exact the same !! Its very important for an exact explosion-timing from fuelmixture inside the 8 different cambers. With different lengths, the engine may run irregular.

Guido
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-10-2008, 10:50 AM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou staller View Post
Lou, RGigante, you made it under the wire.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

CROSS YOUR FINGERS...

I just called CohlineUSA to check on the order.

The container came in yesterday, but it didn't have our special ordered Cohline on it. It's in a container that's coming in 1st week in May. CohlineUSA suspecta that the factory had to run some off & just didn't get it made in time for the April container. Makes sense, as last time I ordered a 20 meter roll, but it came in as 8 5 meter pieces. They confirmed that I had ordered well in advance of the deadline for this shipment.

When I told them I had 10 customers waiting for the line they offered to try to get some in a rush shipment for another customer that's being sent by air tomorrow. They're sending eMAIL to try to get some in that shipment. I agreed to splitting the air freight charge with the other customer(s). I told them that if it came in, I'd also take the line that's coming in early May.

I'm going to be traveling w/o internet access for 2 weeks starting Friday 25 April. If it makes the air shipment, I should have it in time to get it out next week before I leave but it's going to be tight.

Last edited by Verell; 04-10-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Lou Staller
Awesome! You are THE man!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

So far I haven't been able to contact the CohlineUSA rep. Keep missing him or getting the busy signal & voicemail. Still hoping to find out if it made the shipment that went out this AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

The insertion tools are well underway.

I'm assuming that the people who already have the fuel line kits want their insertion tools ASAP, & the ones who have ordered a kit + tool want them shipped together.

If this is NOT correct, pls send me eMAIL.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark W.R.
Verell,

If people are beatting you up, I can wait awhile for my insertion tool. My car is still in many pieces and will likely remain so for awhile. So you are free to send "mine" to someone REALLY needing one and I'll wait a bit for a later model.... Verell FI Line Insertion Tool I.P. (Improved Product.... )

Mark
Old 04-13-2008, 01:06 PM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

Mark,
So far it doesn't look like there's a problem. Per you're request, I'll put you last on the list of kits to be shipped to people who already have received their kits.

Should know Monday if the Cohline made that air shipment, or if we're going to have to wait for the May container. I'll also see if I can get it on a 'waiting list' in case someone else requests an air shipment before the May container.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 AM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

Just got off the phone w/CohlineUSA. The special parts that were coming by air haven't shipped yet, they're in mfg, should ship tomorrow or the next day.

They don't have confirmation back from Germany yet, but the only reason our line wouldn't be in the air shipment would be if the factory was having to run some off.

They will notify me as soon as they find out.

BTW, I still have 2 April kits if anyone's been waiting to find out.

Last edited by Verell; 04-14-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 AM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

Good News: Rcv'd confirmation that our line is in stock in Germany.

Less Good: "The special order parts are still holding up the air shipment, hopefully tomorrow." is what I got.

INSERTION TOOL PROGRESS:
I'm still making them, They're about 50% done. Will ship late this week. You will get eMAIL from USPS when it's shipped.

Sorry, didn't get much done yesterday, checking & finalizing fed tax return took all weekend + yesterday & half this AM. Figured I'd get it done Saturday AM as it usually just takes half a day to check & fix a couple of things. Would have been a real disaster if I'd had to go back & forth with an accountant. Tis done, but what a PITA!!! Was incredably complex this time due to my forced early retirement last year, just couldn't believe the stack of forms I had to check, then fight with TurboTax about. Had to call all over the country yesterday & this AM to get missing 1099 info that was never sent to us.

Gotta give Cindy credit, she had just about everything figured out & entered correctly, including stuff I'd forgotten about. Mostly it was the missing 1099s & some stuff that she hadn't known about & I had to dig it up. Good news is I think it's all there, complete & hopefully accurate.

Last edited by Verell; 04-15-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Verell, have you shipped and of the insertion tools yet? Specifically, MINE!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 PM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

DMaury,See my 9:58 post. I'm working on them right now.

Last edited by Verell; 04-15-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:50 PM
F1 Veteran
Consultant

I've got 10 tools underway.

All the top & bottom half sections have the alignment post grooves precision machined. The halves are also drilled & pinned together. Let's see, that was 20 precision width alignment post grooves precision (+/- 0.005") cut, 60 guide post holes drilled, then 30 of the holes were drilled 0.0015" oversize for a sliding fit. Still need to drill 40 more holes + 40 clearance bores, + milling 20 clearance bores for the banjo fittings.

I'm going to err on haveing the alignment posts fit a little tight. You can always run a couple of passes with a file if you want it to slide more freely.

Have to go back to the HW store sometime as I bought 5mm cap screws, when should have got 4mm.