Ferrari alarm black fob alternative | FerrariChat

Ferrari alarm black fob alternative

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Richard-ModenaF1, Jan 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Richard-ModenaF1

Jan 4, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Richard C.
    Hi everyone I am new to Ferrari Chat -

I just purchased a 2002 US 360 with an F1 trns. It came with the alarm PIN code and one red master remote. I read everything I could find on FerrariChat and I understand everyone is upset with the price FNA and dealers charge to replace fobs and reprogram ECUs. Me too. My question is since the fob (made by Bosch - part number RK112) is also used on 95-98 Porsche 911s - can we just buy the Porsche fobs for about $100.00? I live in Chicago and the Porsche dealer has them is stock. The Porsche fob part number is 99361825902. These fobs also come up on ebay for less. The Porsche fob does say "Porsche" on it but I bet it could be removed. This is only my idea if you have a red master and know your alarm PIN. What do you guys think? Thank you for your help. - Richard

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #2 f355spider, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Interesting, someone will need to test it by trying to program one. The Porsche logo or lettering would not matter, as the Ferrari fobs have a leather cover over them anyway.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #3 tazandjan, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Richard- Congratulations on your purchase. Please post some photos. If the fobs are indeed identical, there should be no problem using your red master fob and PIN to program two additional black fobs. First I have heard Porsche used the same fob, but have heard some Fords used the same or a similar fob. You might ask the Porsche dealership if they would let you bring your car down and try programming your Alarm ECU to accept a new black fob. The programming cannot hurt the black fob since they are transmitters only and your 360 Alarm ECU is the only thing affected. You program your ECU to recognize the identifier in the black fob. You can do the ECU programming yourself using the attached procedure. Make sure you can enter the PIN properly and start the car before going to the dealership. They will probably enjoy seeing your car since most Porsche people are car freaks, just like us. There is a chance their fobs' EPROMs were burned with incompatible identifiers, but it is worth a try.

Here is a source for the fob covers. Do not know if Ricambi carries them or not.

http://stores.ebay.com/FerrariAdvocates

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Yes, we carry the alarm fobs in just about every color.

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- I should have asked before buying two from Hong Kong. Can you give me parts numbers? One of mine is still uncovered. Any chance you have charcoal like my interior? I tried a search in your on-line catalog and could not find them.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

6. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#6 Ricambi America, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
    http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=248813

Don't know if I have one in stock -- but we usually have all the 'popular' leather colors.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- Ordered one. Hopefully you have it in stock. How about the yellow tach face for 575Ms?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

At this time, we do not have a 575M tach face in yellow. :(

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- Got it, thanks. Perfect color match.

Richard- Keep looking for spare fobs. I currently have one red and three black spares I will eventually get cloned. One of the three black spares is the only one originally with the car. The other three I picked up on E-Bay. Cheapest about $25 and included a cut key currently in my printer's box on the wall. The little chrome cavallino looks like it would be the perfect size for a yellow tach face.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

10. cwingert

cwingert Karting

Jun 8, 2011
    Just had my 360 FOB go south. I have the PIN and the master FOB. I see discussion of using 99361825902 as a replacement FOB. Did anyone ever verify this Porsche FOB works out of the box without cloning?

Thanks!
    Chris

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    My understanding is that the Porsche fob works in the US but only with cloning which is why Gobble (for example) has used & supplied them

12. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    when I got 2 FOBs from Gobble, they were (and still are) marked Porsche on them.