360 instrument lights | FerrariChat

360 instrument lights

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jamie furman, Nov 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamie furman

jamie furman Karting

Feb 20, 2011
    Manassas Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jamie Furman
    I was driving my car tonight around dusk and I noticed the instrument lights flickered for a split second and it looked like my instrument lights went out and sure enough they did, the needles on the gauges are lit up everything else seems to be working as it should all the warning lights, sport, abs etc but the gauge faces themselves are not lit and can't be seen in the dark. I checked the fuse and if it was bad all the other lights wouldn't work either as I found out when I pulled it. Any ideas or suggestions other than the dealer?
    thanks in advance Jamie

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    did you try the dimmer buttons? Can be rebuilt better than OEM with LEDs by a shop in Costa Mesa CA if need be.

3. jamie furman

jamie furman Karting

Feb 20, 2011
    Manassas Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jamie Furman
    Yes everything brightens up, needles etc but the gauge faces, after I posted this question I did a google search and found out this has been discussed in detail on the Chat before and it seems to be a common problem unfortunately. I guess I will tackle the removal of the gauges today and get them sent out for repair.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Call FAI in Costa Mesa. Do it right, do it once.

Address: 935 Sunset Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
    Phone: (949) 631-6373

5. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Daniel. Thanks for sharing the contact info. That's exactly who I was thinking of.

6. jamie furman

jamie furman Karting

Feb 20, 2011
    Manassas Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jamie Furman
    thanks that is my plan!

7. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Are they still in business?
    I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago and never got any form of reply.

I have the same issue on my 360 that needs sorting.

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You need to call, if these are old school guys they might not have time for emails!

9. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Do call via phone.

10. derekmines

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    OK, will give them a call.....

o/t - It's a real bugbear of mine, and not just aimed at FaI but why do companies put an e-mail address on their website and then not bother replying to contacts.... how much business must be lost because of that.....
    I run everything through e-mail and had actually already moved on to finding another company to do this job because FaI didn't respond to my mail.

11. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Please let us know who you used and how it worked out.

12. derekmines

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    In the end I called FAI, was happy with the way they sounded (the UK based company I was dealing with sounded like a bunch of chancers to be honest)
    So I shipped my dash from Dubai to CA, Rod turned it around in a few days and shipped it back to me.

It's now reinstalled in the car and looks great. A perfect job and well recommended.