355 beeping roof problem!! | FerrariChat

355 beeping roof problem!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 355spiderguy, Mar 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355spiderguy

355spiderguy Rookie

Jul 4, 2007
    scotland
    Full Name:
    iain
    hi all.

have had a couple of small problems over the years with my spider roof, but looking for advise on this seasons one!

I had a new canvas roof fitted 18months ago and had a full mechanism service carried out at the same time along with a hydraulic fluid flush and refill.

all worked swwet and quiet until last week....hadn't touched the car for a month and left it with the roof up to keep shape of new roof.

I went to lower roof in the usual manner; engine running, handbrake on, unclipped roof and moved back until the beep ( windows dropped as they should ) then beep beep beep with no movement.

I moved the seats forward electrically and then popped out the emergency switch....roof goes down and up sweet as a nut...hydraulic levels perfect.

so..

I 'm looking for someone whom has had the same problem; is it one of the micro switches or is it a potentiometer?

I havn't isolated the battery to 'reboot' as I assume this wont change anything.

all help appreciated; another U.K owner has this month posted the identical problem on the 'pistonheads' website so it would be very helpful to both of us.

thanks in advance.

iain

2. ghamer

ghamer Rookie

Oct 1, 2012
    UK
    Bump,I am said other guy.