360 Window Issue | FerrariChat

360 Window Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by smoltz, Mar 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    On the 360CS I purchased recently, the driver side window behaves oddly. When opening the door, it slides down as expected, but when closing the door, it slides back up to the proper position and then slides down and stays down for maybe 15s and then slides back up. Also, I have noticed that the lights on the window switches stay on all the time.

Looks like the previous owner replaced part number 171120 and 63859200, which appear to correspond to the lower limit and then a switch in the striker plate assembly. When I move the window up, I can hear a relay or switch make contact at the upper limit. How should I troubleshoot this? Is there another switch I should replace or is this possibly a sign of a bad window ECU?

2. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    #2 smoltz, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Did some further troubleshooting... The window is not indexing down when the interior door handle is pulled. However, from looking at the parts diagram again, it seems that the sensor which is supposed to control this is 171120, which has already been replaced. I guess I'll have to check connection at Window ECU and see if it's wiring or if the window ECU itself has gone bad.

Wiring diagram is a bit confusing to me (I am looking at Spider wiring diagram, should be the same as CS no?), looks like there are 3 connectors on the Window ECU, labeled 12F, 13F and 14F. Can someone tell me which pin on which connector maps to the left door and right door interior microswitch?

Looks like pin 16 on 14f for drivers side (LHD car), and pin 5 for passenger side?

3. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Try a power reset. I had this happen once and resetting the battery cured it.

4. sal123

sal123 Rookie

Dec 1, 2008
    sounds like someone has taken the door handle apart & not put the micro switches back properly.
    when you pull the outer door handle , you should hear a click.

compare it to the other side.