360 Electrical Questions. | FerrariChat

360 Electrical Questions.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Utah360Spider, Apr 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Utah360Spider

Utah360Spider Karting

Mar 21, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    Breck Dockstader
    If anyone can offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it!

Two separate issues. The first is the fuel door switch and rear glove compartment switch have stopped working. Does anyone know if there is a relay for these? I checked all of the fuses and nothing is bad. Owners manual does not say anything about a fuse for those switches.

Next issue is yesterday while on a cruise my blinkers stopped working. I talked to a dealer and they offered me zero help and just said bring the car in, problem is that's 2 hours away. I talked to Ricambi and they think its a bad relay. However the flashers are still working and from what I can tell they are on the same relay. So any ideas? Ricambi wants $300 for the relay which really sucks to order if that isn't the problem.

Thanks!

2. anconbrat

anconbrat Karting

Jul 9, 2011
    East central Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Morton
    I am sorry for your problem and can also offer "zero" help in the situation, but for a dealer to offer no support is unforgiveable. Time to post the dealer and be looking elsewhere for service. Good luck to you.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #3 Rifledriver, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    The relays are a real problem.

Behind both seats there are relays marked "Key control devices" or just "Devices". There are many duplicate relays. Swap those one at a time with another relay of the same type and see if anything starts working. If that doesn't work the shotgun approach needs to be abandoned in favor of real diagnosis.

Don't be too hard on the dealer. They really don't have the personnel to operate as a help desk and the one you had on the phone was almost certainly not someone who would know an answer for you. And in reality you said "A Dealer", not "my long time well established relationship dealer I have bought a few cars from". I spent a lot of time in dealers, there are not enough hours in the day to field the trivial questions we got from all around the world from people we don't know and will never know.

4. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I can only offer speculation in relation to the problems (and I'll resist). What I will say is that a regular auto electrician will probably have you sorted a lot faster and cheaper.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You have 36 posts, no Ferrari and you want him to throw a dealer under the bus for failing to give free advice?

People like you are the problem my friend. Lose the sense of entitlement.

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Electrical issue are fun. It's going to be the fuse, the relay or a bulb. Start from the fuse, Then work outward to the relay (I even used a jumper in the relay to test function) and finally to the end bulb/device.

As Mr. Crall says, switch the relay with an identical one.

7. Utah360Spider

Utah360Spider Karting

Mar 21, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    Breck Dockstader
    Thanks for feedback. Didn't mean to sound negative about dealer. I get they are not a tech support hotline. I'll try the relay swap and see if anything happens if no luck off to the dealer she goes.

8. Utah360Spider

Utah360Spider Karting

Mar 21, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    Breck Dockstader
    Solved! After chasing wires on the wiring diagram again I went back to the fuse box behind the passenger seat and found a 15amp fuse out. Everything is back to working order.

9. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Glad the problem's fixed. Hate to be Mr. Old Doom and Gloom but if a fuse goes it's often the sign that something else is wrong with the circuit, hope that's not the case.