288/308/328/F40 A-arms and uprights | FerrariChat

288/308/328/F40 A-arms and uprights

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by MotoArt, Jul 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MotoArt

MotoArt Rookie

Feb 13, 2015
    I´m wondering if anybody knows if any of the parts mentioned above are interchangeable? Or even any suspension parts at all?
    I´ve been searching this forum and the web but I can´t seem to find anything.

2. PerilousActs

PerilousActs Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Bumping this up. Did you ever find this information? I'm looking as well.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    You can look them up on Ricambi's website, which shows cross-referencing. For example, the later 328 rear upper wishbones are the same as all Mondials except the t.

For the F-40, the rear "levers" aren't shared with any others, but the front upper is the same as some Testarossas.

BTW, great source for suspension bushings too.

4. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Among the models you list, I'm fairly certain they all different across the 4 models ---- some of the differences are very minor, but the geometry / mounting dimensions are unique to all 4.

That said, some make "work" in the sense that you could bolt them on, mount an axle hub / spindle (or coil spring), and wheel to them....... and things would functionally operate ok on a basic level. But, tire scrubbing, suspension performance, tracking alignment, and vehicle stability at speed would likely be greatly affected to the point where they really would "not work" in a practical way.