Pictures show up on camera, but not computer...help? | FerrariChat

Pictures show up on camera, but not computer...help?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BlackBird007, Apr 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have a Canon EOS Rebel XS, containing a SanDisk SDHC 4GB card. I took alot of pictures today. For some reason, they show up on the camera, but not in Windows Explorer, when I try to import them. Is there a fix to this? I sure hope so...

Some older pictures from other dates show up, but not the ones I took today.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Dude that sucks!! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get it fixed because I bet you got some good pictures today.
    Good luck

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Are you running WinXP? Sounds like your computer cannot read an HDSD card - older
    computers can only read up to 2gb SD cards. I think there's a hot-fix for WinXP for
    HDSD, but only if your actual reader is HDSD compatible as hardware.

Jedi

4. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm running Vista 32-bit. I have the card in the camera, and the camera is connected to the computer via USB. I've never had this happen before.

5. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've managed to copy a handful over using a Canon program on my computer, but it's more time consuming than WE, as you have to select each and every one of them (took 164 today) to copy, whereas you could just click, drag, and highlight in WE.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Just use a friend's computer. And upgrade yours.

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Still sounds like an SD vs. SDHC issue. Older Windows SD readers can only address up
    to a 2GB SD card. Anything larger just cannot be read. There's a hotfix for both Vista
    and XP to handle SDHC cards, but if the reader isn't compatible it still won't work. Your
    camera is SDHC capable, so it can read the card just fine.

Jedi