Online downloads over 60 Mb? | FerrariChat

Online downloads over 60 Mb?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tundraphile, Mar 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I have found a site for motorcycle service manuals that after clicking the file you are directed to another page to enter a verification code. A second or two later you then get the option to save the file.

This works perfectly for files under 60 Mb from this particular site. However with files over 60 Mb after the code is typed and verified it stalls for several minutes, and finally then gives the "save as" prompt, but the file saved is 0 bytes.

I know I can download files larger than this, just not from this site. Their response is that they do not have problems on their end.

Running IE 9, BTW. Also didn't work for Chrome.

Is there a simple setting or something I'm missing? Very strange.

2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Give us a link. Maybe somebody can try it from a different location and dropbox it to you.

3. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    +1 to the_stig, I can give it a try if you want.

4. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    PDF Moto Manual

All files over 60 Mb seem to do this.

Since I posted this I have tried it on a couple of computers and on several networks, using different service providers.

Thanks in advance

5. Schimpf

Schimpf Karting

Jul 20, 2005
    CO
    Full Name:
    Schimpf
    I never got a prompt to download a 70mb file. Security Appliance didn't show it was blocking anything. You could run the file through an online scanner if you ever get it to download
    www.metascan-online.com