I know you can't drive one. | FerrariChat

I know you can't drive one.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 2dinos, Apr 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Any opinions on dishwashers??

Looking at Thermador, and Bosch. Seems like Thermador is just about double the price. Seems all appliances trigger some love-hate responses. I think I'm done with KitchenAid. After many years, the motor has fried. I kind of think bearings and windings should be robust enough that that part should never fail, and KA has discontinued providing parts.

I don't know enough about Miele.

Thanks

2. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    We have a Bosch Silence Plus 46 dBA. It works well and is very quiet. Two issues I have: it's our first with a SS tub, and if we don't run the dishwasher every day it gets a little musty odor in it. It beeps 6X when it is done and will do so every 15-20 minutes for an hour. The beep is quite loud and I haven't figured out how/if I can change it. Otherwise it is a very versatile dishwasher and we got a great deal on it a year ago from Sears out of all places.

Sent from my HTC ONE (M8) using Tapatalk

3. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    My college roommate is a high level exec at Bosche and they own Thermidor. They also own Gaginou which is their highest level, followed by Thermidor then Bosche. He tells me for dishwashers Bosche is the way to go, for refrigeration Thermidor and for ranges Gaginou

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Forgive me for not being of any help in the thread, but that post right there made me run & grab paper towels to clean off my monitor. :)

Wish I could remember the dishwasher my ex and I purchased, but that was almost a decade ago, and they probably don't make anything like it anymore. All I remember is: it was pretty much all plastic, it had doohickies where you could change the height of the top level, it was pretty darn quiet, and best of all - you could stick a plate, pot, or pan in there that had been sitting for days (i.e.: dried, caked on gunk) and it would get everything perfectly clean without ever soaking or rinsing.

I'd sure say the GE Nautilus that I currently use isn't anywhere the machine that thing was.

5. showme1946

showme1946 Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Columbia, Missouri
    Full Name:
    George Rickerson
    Well, this isn't a fancy brand, but our Kenmore is quiet and effective and good looking to boot. I'd buy another.

George.

6. Dave1442397

Dave1442397 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    We have a Bosch that I picked up on sale at HH Gregg for just over $400. We've had it over three years with no issues. It's quiet and does the job.

7. Schimpf

Schimpf Karting

Jul 20, 2005
    CO
    Full Name:
    Schimpf
    if my memory is accurate, Kitchenaid or Kenmore Elite was the highest rated when I researched. I'd expect them all to break & find the best value (cost vs personal criteria)

8. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    I picked up a used Bosch from a buddy at the beach who complained that it kept spitting food back onto the plates. I stopped by one day and it was sitting on his deck.

I asked him if he ever cleaned the filter...

Response? "Filter?"

Used it for a few years til we renovated, then passed it on to a young couple. Quiet and fantastic...if you clean the filter. It's still going strong. Did I mention quiet? Highly rec'd...

(American DWs have macerators...euros have uh, filters....)

9. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    with any ss lined dishwasher, make sure you use a rinse aid.
    otherwise the warranty will be void!

10. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    my parents had a gaggenau range and loved it so much they ordered a second one for when they had their new house built.

11. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    I just learned some stuff

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9KIUkue6U]Bosch New Bern Factory Tour - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRNIXL0Ic0]The Making of the Thermador Professional Range - YouTube[/ame]

12. Vinny Bourne

Nov 25, 2011
    seems like more plastic in the GE, but us made also

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wbTQ-4-4XA]Virtual Plant Tour - GE Dishwashers - YouTube[/ame]

then again maybe not

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wvtlCzMi6o[/ame]

maybe we need Carlos or Jeremy to take them for a spin

13. Vinny Bourne

Nov 25, 2011
    haha, :) best laugh I have had in a long time, takes a licking and keeps on ticking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq6T5BojXc8]Whirlpool Front Load Washer Total Carnage - Runaway Drum Assembly - YouTube[/ame]

(it was one of the related video's)