Home theater helpful advice: | FerrariChat

Home theater helpful advice:

Discussion in 'Technology' started by thecarreaper, Apr 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I can post more later if needed, but I am doing my second home theater in my home, and have learned a few new things.

I am using a Denon AVR 791 7.1 3D amp in one room and a Yamaha RX-v673 3D 7.2 system in the other. One of the first revelations I have recently had is to adjust the settings on the damn blu ray player first! Then make sure the 3d smart tv and amp settings agree and work together.

DO NOT just take it out of the box and crap HDMI cables into it. There are settings for regular video, 3D video and HD / DTS audio to make your TV and amp deliver the best quality they can.

My stuff is not top of the line, but it works very well in the space I have to use it in. So no matter what your level of technology awesomeness is, make sure all the damn settings are right and adjusted, and not just the "default" out of the box settings!

Nerd rant over.

2. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
  3. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Bring back the mono Bush Auto changer - fond memories.

4. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    I like the Denon AVR's robust sound much better than Yamaha's amp's 'Natural' sound. Esp for home theater.