eBay & Paypal | FerrariChat

eBay & Paypal

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Remy Zero, Jun 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Hi All,

I'm new to this, and planning to do some selling/buying (mostly selling) on Ebay.

Anyone familiar with this? Any tips and hints?

Appreciate it greatly

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I used to be pretty proficient, but eBay jumped the shark with its fees and ruined it.

Haven't done much there at all...so I'm not a good candidate to provide much guidance.

3. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    works great

there is a buyer for anything you might want to sell

4. Brewman

Brewman Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2012
    NC Mountains @ Boone
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A few years ago I hooked up with a private label mfg. that supplied, pressure washers, air compressors, welders etc. to big box retailers. I was fortunate enough to be the first e-tailer the company had used. Things went great for a year or so. Then my supplier raised my cost to buy from them, EBay bought Paypal, and over a short period both raised there transaction fees. Oh and Fedex, UPS, and USPS, increased shipping costs. I was eventually priced out of the market. The message here is to fully determine your costs, quality of product, etc. IMHO Unless you've stumbled onto a good ( read cheap) supplier you'll find it hard to make a reasonable profit.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Thanks! Basically, i'm just trying to get rid of a Porsche Cayman Metal car. Saw on ebay for around 240 USD...