Help. Internet explorer doesn't work! | FerrariChat

Help. Internet explorer doesn't work!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by daytona355, Aug 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I know, it never really did. However, last Wednesday, after two windows updates, went thru a period where IE didn't even appear on the laptop. Corrected by system restore back to before the updates..... Worked, but slow.

Yesterday, cloned drive and put in a SsD drive, and all working fine.

Today, IE is working, but if you try to download and open any file (such as PDF, csv etc), just doesn't even try to start opening it.

I've tried everything, any ideas?

System is windows 7 professional, IE 11. All legit and bought. Running on Sony Vaio S12V9E

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    People still use IE? Wow. Use Google Chrome. You'll love it and won't look back at all.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That's the only way I can go forward at the moment, but the trouble is I'm in finance, and many lenders only allow communication with their systems via IE, so I am pretty much at the point where I know it's a new laptop, with the annoying thing that I can then completely rewrite the old one, and it will work perfectly again, but I can't simply overwrite now as if it doesn't work straight away, it will cost me more for two days not working at all, than to buy a laptop and keep going without the down time. Bloody annoying.

It seems there is some kind of corruption to the operating system, as I have tried just about everything except a total install