Amiga 1200, anybody got one they want to get rid of? | FerrariChat

Amiga 1200, anybody got one they want to get rid of?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Subarubrat, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am restoring an arcade game that uses an Amiga 1200 as the guts, can't find one on eBay (other than international) and can't find any on CL or the usual sources. If you happen to have one in the closet please PM me.

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Don't most of these 'restorations' now run in an emulator on a PC?

I'm *way* out of touch, but vague bells are ringing that an emulator is faster and probably cheaper these days!

Cheers,
    Ian

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    "Geez why don't you buy a Apple IIgs and do it right? It's VASTLY superior " LOL

:D:D

Jedi

4. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    But not original.

5. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Very true. Fair comment.

But, and I'm not trying to be 'funny' here, but does it matter? Is it worth more? Does that matter? It's an arcade game, not a Daytona at Pebble after all! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

6. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Scott where in Virginia are you? There is a used computer store in Woodbridge that may have some Amigas. L&Y Electronics, lots of old PC stuff, but sometimes you get lucky. I bought some old Cisco routers from there once. Just missed out on a whole box of old Sun Equipment.

I'm sure there are othe used computer stores in the area. Wouldn't hurt to look there.

7. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It matters to me, kind of like swapping a small block into a 355, as long as it isn't moving or running and the deck is closed who can tell. Until you drive it or open the hood then everything is all wrong.

Still looking if anyone has one in a basement!

8. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    OT, but that was my very first computer!! :D

9. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013
    you may consider an Amiga CD32 also, which is basically an A1200 with CD-ROM and an Akiko chip added. It should work as there was even a kit to turn a CD32 into a towered version of 1200 IIRC.

10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    What arcade game?

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Thread got my attention since Amigas got me where I am today.. big fan. A quick Google search pulled up this place that appears to build them for you for a reasonable price: www.amigakit.com - Amiga A1200 Built To Order

I'm sure you've probably checked with every source out there, but it's worth a shot.

12. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Would love to have one. I'm a major Atari geek (cut my teeth on an Atari 800 starting in 1980), and Jay Miner had a HUGE hand in the design of the Amiga.

Great technology for the time - Mr. Miner left us too soon, as did the Amiga.. RIP.

Glad to see you can get one of these still. I'd add that to my wish list of Simmons SDS1000 (had one when younger) and an Apple Newton...