Unlocking a Virgin Mobile Cell Phone? | FerrariChat

Unlocking a Virgin Mobile Cell Phone?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by v15ben, Oct 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    My wife is moving from the US to the UK and wants to use her current cellphone when she comes to the UK.

It is currently on a Virgin, pay monthly deal and is locked to their network.

I thought it would be straightforward to get the phone unlocked and able to be used with a UK pay monthly deal when she comes here.

Virgin USA have said that this isn't possible.

Does anyone have any experience on what we can do, short of buying a new phone which seems a bit expensive when the current one works fine for our needs.

2. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    This post was a while ago ....depends on the make/model of the phone sometimes you can reflash and tweak around there. Or you can check with some unlockers for $8 US they can send u an unlock code(I used unlock-code-world.com with good results), again it all depends on the make/model of the phone

3. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
  4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Had this same problem. We traded the phone in on an iPhone at Cricket/AIO wireless. Other networks don't like the Virgin phones, even Sprint and those are the towers that Virgin originates from. Cricket is far superior to Virgin at least in our area.