Microsoft in 2014, going forward | FerrariChat

Microsoft in 2014, going forward

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheBigEasy, Dec 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Spend some playing around with latest Surface tablet and new Windows phone... pretty impressive stuff if you ask me.

Factor that with Xbox One doing ok... decent operating system... and updated Office apps with '360' functionality. Not sure how BING is doing getting any market share from Google. IMO, they have a marketing challenge to convert any Apple/Google diehard users out there, but their tech right there with them.

I think it was a huge mistake for them to launch the BING brand... they should have left it live.com as it was when it first came out. LIVE is a much better brand for a search engine, and it would have plugged right into Office "in the cloud" features, etc.

Also, I don't like how their music is Xbox music.... just leave Xbox brand for games... It should be "Live" music.... No idea why they dropped such a great brand... maybe they couldn't trademark as well?

And I thought they should have bought BlackBerry rather than Nokia.... try to "own" the businessman market, and paint Apple is toys for kids and women.

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    yes, a few positive signs out of Redmond. especially now Ballmer is gone. worst CEO ever?

3. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Their Pro 3 and Windows phone 8.1 are a powerful combination. They have very little market share in the phone business but I expect this to continue to increase when Windows 10 arrives across all Windows devices.

The Pro 3 is quickly replacing other tablets in the hospitals I work in.

4. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Personally I think microsoft sucks. I have had nothing but problems with two Surface 2s I bought for my daughters. I have countless APPL devices and have had barely a hiccup despite some being less new.