Down & Out TV Mount Review | FerrariChat

Down & Out TV Mount Review

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TurboRegal84, Mar 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    #1 TurboRegal84, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When we originally purchased our house a little over year ago I envisioned a TV above the fire place. Last weekend I installed a new Samsung 65" with a normal mount however after watching TV for a few hours the angle was just too high. I thought that I would have to change the whole room around because the angle was too extreme.

I found a mount that would allow the TV to slide down and out over the mantle to make it easier to view and when we wanted to use the fireplace it would go back up. I ordered it on Monday and it shipped same day. It was delivered on Wednesday and Wednesday night my dad came over to help install.

At first glace this this is BEEFY and the instructions scared the crap out of me. After reading them over a few times I realized they were written for someone that may have never turned a screwdriver before. Those of us who have turned a wrench or 2 on an Fcar will have no problem installing it.

The mount is from www.dynamicmounting.com. They do offer a rebate which helps with the cost. Figured I would post this up because most of us car guys are tech junkies too.

And before you guys start jumping on me about the heat of the fireplace killing the TV. It actually stays pretty cool up there and in many homes fine artwork is hung above the fireplace without worries of it being destroyed so I am not too worried.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Eye level viewing when seated is very important.
    A good mount makes all the difference.
    Mine is not a down-and-out since it already is at eye level but it does swivel.
    That way I can swivel and or tilt it to eliminate most glare from the windows.
    This feature give you much better bang for your dollar than a $1000 or more upgrade on the TV itself.

I find it weird to see mega expensive TV sets improperly mounted but the owner doesn't care because "it's a mega TV". A Ferrari running on regular gas.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's a nice mounting idea.

My friend just remodeled his house and he put the tv over the fireplace. He loves it there, but I hated watching tv the couple times I've been over since.