annoying Mac Outlook thing... | FerrariChat

annoying Mac Outlook thing...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rob lay, Jul 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have noticed this with users for 3-4+ years, but never knew why until now I have a Mac with Outlook. Certain replies Outlooks removes prior emails in the chain. I haven't figured out much reason even sometimes on first replies it removes the original email. I have had to learn which types of emails I need to do a Reply and which emails I have to do a Reply All in order to get all prior emails in the reply. I swear sometimes for no reason it switches it up on me too. ;)

How can I set Outlook where all replies in an email are included. Thanks!

2. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Sorry Rob there is no magic setting or bullet, it just happens and has to do with the screen refresh not cooperating with Outlook. Just close out the reply and start over.

I am currently running Outlook 15.11.1 which is prerelease Office 15 that merges look, feel and functionality with that of the Windows version.

MB

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that sucks, so annoying! thanks.

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I find it does that if I've clicked on an attachment and it remains highlighted when I reply. If I click back on the body of the email it will then include the email string.

5. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    Mac outlook is buggy. Apple's mail has less function, but been way more bulletproof for me. Also said problem may be related to a server issue as well.