Linuc Mint 17.2 with Cinnamon | FerrariChat

Linuc Mint 17.2 with Cinnamon

Discussion in 'Technology' started by thecarreaper, Oct 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #1 thecarreaper, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    New features in Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon - Linux Mint

Been messing with this since it came out. LOVE it, I have removed Windows from almost all of my machines and switched to this. Fast, free secure. Office Libre does everything Microsoft Office does. I dug up files from school from a few years ago created in various versions of Windows and everything worked fine. No "compatibility mode" or good format issues. E verything remained in proper APA format and spacing.
    May be doing a Masters next year and wanted a new set up. Studied Information Assurance at Embry-Riddle and did the INFOSEC 4011 program as a Minor.

Had a lot of fun.

Built some new machines for me and several for friends and family.

Did manage to brick some 16 year old IDE drives when removing Windows XP and trying Linux Mint 32 bit. But I suspect the drives were just old and bad anyway.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    Why Mint vs any of the other distros?

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Sorry for the typo in the title. Multitasking error. :)
    17.2 Mint with Cinnamon seems to work well. I am running "WINE" which is a Windows 7 emulator skin allowing Windows programs and code to run on a Linux machine. I have been able to get WinAmp and Milkdrop2 visualizers to work as well as a few other programs and applications that usually would not work on a stand alone Linux machine. Been having fun with it. Going to install Steam and see if I can get any of my games to work as well.