Ideas for new custom remote | FerrariChat

Ideas for new custom remote

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Heat Seeker WS6, Dec 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    So I finally finished my living room system- tv on wall and all gear but PS3 & Wii are in a closet w/ a Xantec IR distribution kit. Onkyo HT receiver & the usual stuff.

My wife isn't fond of my ancient Pronto TSU-7000 any more lol so I'm to find something more contemporary :). I really don't care as long as I can tinker with it but she wants something crazy easy to use and 'looks nice'. I was thinking the harmony Ultimate One. What are you guys using?

No multi-zone

Would like to use with tv or surround speakers for watching cable (fyi, I do have the audio split so I can do that, just need the remote to accommodate for it)

thanks!

2. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    We upgraded from a Harmony One (6+ years) to the Harmony Ultimate Home remote last year.

Here's a post on my thoughts:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144139961-post9.html

They have made strides in usability, but I still can't recommend purchasing it... If you have any other specific questions just let me know, but you may want to read through the rest of that thread as well.

3. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    If you had an Xbox and a Windows 10 computer it would be easy. Harmony is a good choice.